Thread: Nomad Defense frame

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nomad Defense frame

Does anyone have an experience with these frames? Rainier Arms has the full size versions in stock and I was curious if they were any good. Can’t seem to find anything more than youtuber reviews on, and I don’t put much stock in those.

Feedback Score
    My opinion is worth less than a YouTube review but with any of these aftermarket frames, it's hard to get any detailed, accurate data on them. Wolf is their own thing. The Grey Ghost, Adams Arms, and many others seem like they are made by Polymer 80 with minor variations. The polymer in all of those seems harder than Glock polymer but without someone doing testing, who knows if that is good or bad?

Polymer 80, GG, Wolf, etc. all take Gen 3 parts. Nomad takes either Gen 4 or, their new frame is Gen 5 compatible.

The most significant difference between the Nomad and the others is the grip shape. The Nomad grip is more like a S&W M&P than a Glock derivative. The Nomad seems well thought out and they are starting to release their own parts like slides.

Until someone buys a bunch of these frames and does some destructive testing on them, I would say the Nomad is as good as any other aftermarket frame. It would be my preference due to the grip shape. But you won't have nearly the parts options because it is not Gen 3 compatible.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I would give one of these a try if it was compatible with a Gen 5 19. Their website says they are compatible with 1-4 Glocks

Feedback Score
    The new Nomad 9F is Gen 5 compatible. According to Nomad’s website, the Nomad 9 frames will take most Gen 5 parts except they need Gen 4 slide stop levers and springs.
    Last edited by JB2000; 08-27-21 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    The new Nomad 9F is Gen 5 compatible. According to Nomad’s website, the Nomad 9 frames will take most Gen 5 parts except they need Gen 4 slide stop levers and springs.
    Interesting... looks like Rainier has the Gen 5 compatible frame for Glock 17 but not 19. I'll have to keep looking

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Nomad 9 frame on my Trinity GRND ZERO pistol. The grip angle is nice, it has little thumb ledges that are a nice resting spot for your thumbs when you grip it. However, there are very few holsters which work with the ledges. They say most glock 19 holsters work....not true
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"....Mike Tyson

Feedback Score
    I had a POF G19 frame, which is made by Nomad. It was basically the same as the Nomad just with a different stipple texture and some other small differences here and there. I got it in a trade with a stock Glock frame, and the rest of a gen4 19C, a package deal.
    It had a nice grip angle and felt nice in the hand. In the end I kept the stock frame and sold off the POF, not for any performance reasons, I just prefer the stock Glock frame. I didn't put many rounds on it, a few mags at most, but didn't find any issues
    with it in that time. It used all stock gen 4 parts.