4 36.36%
  • other

0 0%

Thread: Sapi vs swimmer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Sapi vs swimmer

A couple of days ago I had a package delivered and I figured I could try to make some mock plates out of the box to see the difference in plate cuts. I emailed bulletproofme(excellent communication and willingness to help) and got some exact measurements for their medium sapi and their medium 10x12 swimmer/shooters cut.

I put on my spiritus systems chest rig and put the cutouts behind it to secure it and placed it in accordance to posted pictures of how to wear a plate properly. Never trying armor on I knew it would be restrictive, but I just can't seem to shoulder anything well with the sapi cut. I either have to really cant the rifle or almost put it on my bicep/shoulder. Perhaps it is just my body type? I'm 5'8" with shorter torso, also, have some extra weight.

I tried squared up stance and that was worse, but even really bladed I was still finding I was still hitting that sapi corner and side whenever I shouldered. The swimmers cut didn't exactly fix everything but it was significantly easier for me to find a comfortable hold without being on top of the cardboard cutout.

I created a poll out of curiosity to see just how popular the swimmer/shooter cut actually is. From my very limited experience it seems like that cut would work the best for me.
    Last edited by praythenspray; 08-27-21 at 10:36.