Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock triggers vs Geissele/KAC/MBT, anything inherently more reliable or durable ?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Stock triggers vs Geissele/KAC/MBT, anything inherently more reliable or durable ?

Is a good two stage like an SSA, KAC, MBT on the same plane of reliability and longevity as a good quality stock trigger from Colt, LMT, ALG, etc?

Feedback Score
    I’m not sure a properly installed trigger regardless of it being stock or aftermarket is more or less reliable/durable than any other…

That said, I have more trigger time behind my Geissele and LaRue triggers than I do the triggers on my issued M4’s and none have ever failed me while the stock trigger on one of my issues M4’s failed to reset and all but fell out of the rifle on the range once.

Feedback Score
    Reliability and longevity? Sure, as long as you are talking about well made parts (like the ones you mentioned). They don't exactly take much abuse. Mechanically they hold up fine.

Cheap crap without good hardening would be a different story. I'm not personally a fan of fancy triggers in a "fighting gun", but I may be the odd man out. I stick to putting them in precision focus guns, my 40x trigger will blow your mind with how light, smooth , and crisp it is.

When I put together a lower, a cleaned up Schmid milspec or an ALG ACT is about all I care to run. Like I said though, YMMV.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like my MBT but I am far from a trigger expert. I have seen on other theads some praise for the newer Centurion.

https://centurionarms.com/triggers/c...stage-trigger/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Is a good two stage like an SSA, KAC, MBT on the same plane of reliability and longevity as a good quality stock trigger from Colt, LMT, ALG, etc?
    With the emphasis on your question of a “good” 2 stage trigger, yes, they are highly reliable. How much dry fire and live fire did you honestly do last year? An answer of that would allow for a more detailed answer.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    They don't exactly take much abuse. Mechanically they hold up fine.
    What kind of abuse has caused failure, and which trigger(s) are you speaking of?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    What kind of abuse has caused failure, and which trigger(s) are you speaking of?
    What? That's not what I said. At least it ain't what I meant to say.

Triggers as a rule don't take a lot of abuse in the mechanical function of the rifle. Compared to say the bolt for example. I was just saying that they ain't a real highly stressed part. As long as they are made with reasonable QC reliability shouldn't be much of an issue. I'm sure you could find triggers that are so cheaply made or so poorly hardened that it could be an issue but I've not seen it.

The OP asked if good 2 stage triggers held up. I was simply answering that they do, assuming one does not buy a "whoflung poo" trigger off of Amazon or some such.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    With the emphasis on your question of a “good” 2 stage trigger, yes, they are highly reliable. How much dry fire and live fire did you honestly do last year? An answer of that would allow for a more detailed answer.
    I shot about 5K rounds of 5.56 last year, I might have dry fired that much.

I probably should shoot more as I have a 60 yard range at my office.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post

I probably should shoot more as I have a 60 yard range at my office.
    Color me green...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    What? That's not what I said. At least it ain't what I meant to say.

Triggers as a rule don't take a lot of abuse in the mechanical function of the rifle.
    Got it. Thanks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast