My son and I have been using a rimfire 22 Dueling 6 paddle tree and our AR-15/22s and have a hoot of a time. We call it “GUNFIGHT” since it is kind of interactive and involves a balance of speed and accuracy. I was wondering if anyone has set up competitors where you’d have people go head to head and then have winner and losers brackets so people would get to shoot multiple times and you’d end up people competing against people more their skill level.
My son and I run a two mag limit and that is usually enough, but I could see two fast, comparable shooters not ever getting a three target advantage, but I guess if you limited the round count, you’d end up with someone with at least more targets turned.
My son does cheat and say that I didn’t win sometimes . Seems it wouldn’t be that hard to make electrical contacts on the paddles so that you’d complete a circuit when they were all flipped to one side. But how would you wire a light or something to stay lit if after one side was complete a round flipped one away? Any thoughts on that?

I got 5k rounds in last month, so I got some ammo to use. Centerfire for practice or fun gets expensive quick. I think it could be an interesting competition. A few bays set up, or even on the same line. Hopefully it would increase the shooting-time to standing-around-time. Each Head2head lasts about a minute. Just wondering how you’d set up brackets to get everyone an equal chance to shoot.

Steel doesn’t lie.

A twelve target array and have two-shooter teams….