Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your take on the Eviction Moratorium?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What's your take on the Eviction Moratorium?

When Trump did it he got a little note that, this will work one time, then it needs to go to Congress. Biden tries it via the CDC and is shot down.
    Now, I have this opinion that if you owe money, you pay the money you owe to who you owe it to.
    This has gotten a bit out of control and now people may owe tens of thousands of dollars to their Landlord.

Nobody wanted to go down this road, yet here we are.
    As much as I may feel for someone who got sick, or lost their job, it still in my opinion, was a bad idea.

Six Million Americans behind on their rent.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Life is tough and even with proper emergency fund savings (est. 6mos of expenses), people off due to covid would be out of money.

However, Harry Homeowner shouldn’t have to lose money because his tenants can’t pay.

Feedback Score
    There are millions of job openings across the country. So people sitting out of the labor market and staying home not paying rent at this point are just gaming the system.

Time to toss them out on their asses. They could have continued to pay rent given most of them were making more unemployed than they were working.

Feedback Score
    I’m torn because I hate when the government mandates stuff to the responsible people but when the government shut down businesses and caused people to lose jobs, what do you do? I just wish they would lift all the restrictions and told people to get to work and no more handouts. I saw this stuff years ago so that’s why I sold my rentals 10 years ago. When I found out that it could take 8-12 months to get a non payer evicted and I was on the hook to pay the mortgage, I said f this I am out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    However, Harry Homeowner shouldn’t have to lose money because his tenants can’t pay.
    I do believe if you were renting out a home and they quit paying rent, you should sit down and try to work something out. Honestly, if you were having hard times giving me something and taking excellent care of the property might go a long way.

I live in a little gated community, nice little homes, mostly retiree's or young families here. They opened about three homes on the far end of our community to section 8 housing and those homes, though no longer section 8, will never look the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The supreme court over turned this moratorium as unconstitutional. There is your answer.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/26/suprem...on-moratorium/

"The US Supreme Court on Thursday night struck down a federal eviction moratorium that was recently extended by President Biden’s administration without congressional support.

The decision to end the pandemic-related eviction freeze came as a result of a legal challenge to the policy brought by a coalition of landlords and real estate trade groups."
    Last edited by HKGuns; 08-30-21 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    I agree that it sucks for some people. But I still see people who live beyond their means and they continue to buy stuff knowing they aren’t paying rent. I have friends who own apartment buildings and single family homes they rent out. Some of their tenants pulled the “I don’t hafta pay mah rent cuz Covid”, some were already about to get the boot but have been allowed to squat for over a year, trashing the place in the process. Many of these folks drive nicer vehicles than my 6 year old pickup but can’t pay their rent, so I have little sympathy. Same goes for people who overextend for a mortgage or whatever, I see that too. And I have little sympathy for when the banks can start calling on those too.

I’ll add that I had a physical last week and the nurse asked if I was back in the office for work, I said no, I am remote and fully operational. She told me she made more on unemployment when they needed to cut staff hours at the office, and that is really the problem. We have millions of decent jobs available now but we rewarded the population for sitting on their asses. I know a single mom with 3 kids isn’t likely to survive on $15 an hour but it’s a start and if you can bust ass, make something of yourself at work, you can get ahead. It’s a free country, you are free to work as hard as you want to succeed, and you shouldn’t be rewarded for not working if you are able.
    Last edited by Gabriel556; 08-30-21 at 12:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The supreme court over turned this moratorium as unconstitutional. There is your answer.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/26/suprem...on-moratorium/
    Well, they told Trump it would only work once, it did.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The Rent Moratorium was/is horribly abused. I have experienced and seen renters make zero effort to pay.
    While it was a “Noble Concept”, just like Welfare, it quickly became a cluster fxxk.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I think the whole thing is BULLS#IT. You have property owners who ain't being paid for the use of their property and they have no recourse. They don't have any protection. Their property can be foreclosed upon if they can't pay the mortgage due to lack of rent payments, they can have their property siezed for tax liens, they can go bankrupt.

There are rent payment programs but most of those that provide money to the landlord are not authorized to spend money, it's being held up by the administration. I also hear you essentially have to accept the government as a controlling partner for all your business dealings in order to qualify for any help as a landlord.

Don't know WHO THE F THEY THINK THEY ARE to void my legal lease contract. I don't care who the President was, unless Trump or Biden were to put the cash in my hand then F them.

I am being paid my rent payments, in full and on time. Can't complain about that. If I wasn't they'd have to go. I can't afford to be a charity. I'd give zero shits about the "moratorium". Woe to the lawyer, court, or LEO that stands in my way.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast