Thread: Aimpoint T2 Issue.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Aimpoint T2 Issue.

**UPDATED**

Decided to swap to a new mount for one of my rifles and upon uninstalling the screws that attach the Aimpoint to the mount I noticed the helicoil inserts appear to be backing out. I'm surprised by this as I've never seen this happen before. I'm extremely careful not to over tighten the mounting screws, so it's highly unlikely they were over torqued.

Has anyone else had this issue with the newer Aimpoints with the helicoil inserts? (Picture below).

I have already contacted Aimpoint, so we'll see what they say about it. I'm just surprised that I've not heard of this issue before. My understanding is that Aimpoint went to the helicoil inserts to prevent people from stripping the mounting holes out.

**UPDATE**

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Aimpoint has taken care of my issue with flying colors and resolved my issue. I did not get a notification from them that they had received my sight, and figured it'd be a week or two before I heard anything. I was pleasantly surprised to see the UPS guy dropping off a package to my front door this evening. Inside was a brand new Aimpoint T2 still sealed in the box with all its contents.

I'm pretty satisfied with their customer service to say the least. The sight did not make it to Aimpoint until 09/07 at around noon, so for them to have a new T2 on my doorstep on 09/09 is pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Rogue556; 09-09-21 at 19:38.

Feedback Score
    Happened to me as well. Send to Aimpoint via RMA, and they will fix it quickly. The helicoil issue is rare but does happen occasionally; it will be fixed in the US free of charge.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenderAO View Post
    Happened to me as well. Send to Aimpoint via RMA, and they will fix it quickly. The helicoil issue is rare but does happen occasionally; it will be fixed in the US free of charge.
    DefenderAO, that's good to know. Thanks for the reply. I figured that would be the case as it's Aimpoint after all. Oddly enough, I've had this particular RDS mounted on probably three or four different mounts so far and it just now developed the issue so it caught me by surprise. I'm sure I'll hear from Aimpoint tomorrow sometime. When I do I'll update the thread.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Update to the OP.

Aimpoint replaced my T2 free of charge. You can't get much better than that.