Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KISS setup - WML mounting on MOE mlok handguard

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Yeah, you pointed that out to me earlier in the thread.
    You're right. My apologies for the repeat. I made that post late at night after a loooong day.

I'll go sit in a corner, now.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Love the Mossie mount. Got mine early on and run it with Streamlight TLR-1 (more recently upgraded to a HL) on a light weight mid-length. The mount does not get hot and the light does not get hot. Upgraded my Mlok MOE to the SL which makes this light set up even better.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    After going to all kinds of rails back in early 2000s to today, I've gone to the KISS route about 5 years now. In the early 2000s Surefire had their drop in rails which worked fine. I've also used Daniel Defense rails as well. Since I've dropped the front vertical grip and don't need any laser and other high speed operator stuff, I've gone to the plastic one. I think this one is a BCM with keymod slots. I happened to pick it because it was available at the time. A plastic Surefire light is adequate for me. I don't need 1,000,000 lumens aircraft landing light, just enough light to see across the inside of my little house, I think the farthest from one end to another less than 15 yards straight shot. I can't remember the mount's manufacturer, I think it was $30. Poor man's Bushnell red dot, $75, with about 1000 rounds fired with it.

My hand is nowhere near the hot metal components.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m not going to link to a knockoff, but pretty sure Botach has a version of the Mossy mount.

I have a write up about the IWC mount on a old style two piece handguard (my current setup) and also include some info on an ArmsUnlimited front sight post mount that worked well enough.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...t-mount-on-SBR

Edit... I was reading the later posts and forgot the post title referred to a M-Lok handguard. Hope the info is still helpful.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 09-19-21 at 16:35.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Let's say we agree to disagree on the actual application of this mount with regards to its close proximity to the front sight tower.

I didn't know the association that Detective Mossie had with the design. Is he the same as the "Buck" that was a moderator here. I think I met him once at least a dozen years ago. He was a personable gentleman during our short meeting at the SHOT show. And I'm familiar with Mr. Vickers, as I've trained with him numerous times including night shooting sessions.

My very real concern about the mount or any mount that place the light near the front sight tower is that it requires the user to reach his finger/thumb around the sight to manipulate. A person wearing gloves might not feel the heat. But a civilian who is NOT an operator may not be wearing a glove. I am not an operator, never kicked down any doors, never serve a single warrant. But I have shot ten thousands of rounds in practice and training. I do know that an A2 front sight will get hot after 30 rounds.

Oh wait, I do operate keyboards and automobiles. Does that count?
    The hot FSB always been my thought on a light mount forward of it and I even had one of the Troy rails although admittedly it is probably unlikely to fire enough rounds in a self defense scenario to get burned.

From a more practical angle(to me at least) is the barrel shadow at anywhere other than cast from TDC as being a real problem and have been happy with a strong side mount. Only thing I could kind of see is strong to weak side transition, but that also seems like it would be well in to an unlikely thing and ends up gearing/training for a less likely scenario.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-19-21 at 17:36.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234