Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WML and laser all in one, both white light and IR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

WML and laser all in one, both white light and IR.

I am looking for a small compact package to go on a shotgun. The problem is I want white light and visible laser for in the house at night for HD, and a IR laser and IR light for outside at night for the critters, coyotes, and pigs.
    Is there a fairly compact package that’s an all in one unit? If so I’m unaware of it and did not find it while searching Google.

If nothing exist like that, then second choice would be white light with IR light and Ir laser.
    Third choice would be a single unit containing a white light and IR laser.
    Last edited by ace4059; 08-24-21 at 22:33.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    The L-3 MIPIM (AN/PEQ-16B) would be the most obvious military solution, but that's probably larger than you want, and not exactly easy to source. The Steiner DBAL-A4 would be much easier to find, but still on the larger side. Same with the Holosun 420 series. ZenitCo Perst-2 could be imported, if you really after that full-power output.

For smaller options oriented for pistol use, there is the Steiner DBAL-RL/DBAL-PL and the SureFire XLV2.

For white light, IR illum, and IR laser, there is the SureFire X400V or X400VH, or the Streamlight VIR II. The LaserMax entry to PAiL, the LMD is also around, though the consensus is that it's garbage. Kick it old school, and you could also look for the Insight LAM systems AKA the AN/PEQ-6 and AN/PEQ-14.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-24-21 at 23:16.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Seems like a full power laser would be Overkill for a shotgun.

I think the holosun le420 is probably your best bet.

https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/178.html

Or maybe the dbal rl, which actually mentions shotguns in the ad. https://www.steiner-defense.com/laser-devices/dbal-rl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    no practical experience with shotguns, but i've been using the streamlight VIR II on a 9mm sub-gun wannabe for a while and love it.
    I'm currently in the market for the same capabilities for an AR, which basically means i want to take the white light intensity to the next level, and longer battery life.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    no practical experience with shotguns, but i've been using the streamlight VIR II on a 9mm sub-gun wannabe for a while and love it.
    I'm currently in the market for the same capabilities for an AR, which basically means i want to take the white light intensity to the next level, and longer battery life.
    If you don't need a visible laser, check out phantom Hill.

They have a new laser coming to market that's kind of like a TLR-Vir2 on steroids built for rifles.

I didn't mention it before since the OP asked for a visible laser.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The problem I see with these type of units is the white light is weak compared to most options these days.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The problem I see with these type of units is the white light is weak compared to most options these days.
    One cool thing about the Phantom Hill design is the light module is serviceable and upgradable in the future.

I wish they just used surefire heads or modlight heads. Kind of like what Wilcox did with the Raptar Lite.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The full size peq and dbal’s are bigger than what I want.
    I agree the powerful laser on a shotgun would be wasted.

Now the dbal pl and rl are more along the lines of what I am looking for. I just wish the white lights were brighter. I’ll also check into the tlr vir 2.

I don’t have to have a visible laser on a shotgun, so that’s not a deal breaker for me.

You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The holosun LE420 looks promising for an all in one package for a carbine.
    Has anyone had hands on one?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Streamline VIR II is a nice unit which does most of what you want. I have two and think for <50-100 yards, the are perfect for a dual IR / Visible light with an IR laser.

Compared to a civie DBAL-A3, the IR laser is about equal - easy to see out to several hundred yards. The IR light is definitely weaker but with a much wider throw - good for shorter ranged use say out to 50 yards. The white visible light is "only" 300 lumens, but those of us who survived with 170 lumen Surefire X200s know that 300 lumens is just fine for indoor use and shorter ranged outdoor use.

My only real complaint is it's either VIS or IR. If you are in IR, you get both the IR light and Laser - there is no way to only get the IR laser or Light. I wish there was a way to do just the laser. But for the price, I think it's a nice compromise unit on a SBR, pistol, and I guess PCC or Shotgun.

It is also the same form factor as regular Streamlight white lights, as the laser emitter is in the light reflector, so no odd laser emitter hanging off the bottom like the X400V
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 09-08-21 at 11:19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast