Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a 9mm suppressor...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Help me pick a 9mm suppressor...

I am fairly ignorant about suppressors compared to many of y'all. I would appreciate your thoughts.

I am looking for a 9mm suppressor with the following qualities...

Full auto rated (I own a 9mm SMG).

Able to be direct thread 1/2x28 (required) mounted or a QD option (would be nice option) such as but not limited to a tri-lug or bi-lug.

Able to be used with a pistol having a tilting barrel such as a glock or with a fixed barrel such as most SMG's and PCC's.

Would be nice but not required that it could be used with .300 blk at least sub-sonic anyways.

I believe that the omega 9k by silencerco meets most if not all of these requirements. Are there other options? Any reason I should not buy an Omega 9k.

Thank you for your assistance. I do appreciate and value the wisdom of others. Learning from others is so much better than that hard way!

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Silencerco Octane 9 that does that.
    .300BO is subsonic only.
    You can go from a direct thread mount to a one for a tilting barrel pistol as needed. There are also tri-lug mounts available.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The other similar SUBGUN rated full 17-4 stainless can is the YHM R9.
    https://www.silencershop.com/silence...ol/yhm-r9.html

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You might also consider Rex Silentium. I use one on my PCC and am very happy with it. Better than I expected. I’m far from a pistol can expert, and I’ve never tried it on a Glock (I have an Odessa), so take this with a grain of salt. Most of my buddies use Griffin pistol cans on their PCCs and subguns, and they sound good, too, but they are much longer.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a few cans and one consideration is (if you can via your other requirements) get one that is modular. I like my Ti-rant modular cans very much. Not sure about 300BO though as I dont shoot BL.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Love my Omega9k. However, if I were buying today, it would be 36M. So much more versatility.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Griffin Optimus is a fantastic option.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a YHM R9 for use with a rifle/pistol configs, running it on AR9s. It functions fine on pistols as well - and as far as I have found, the only can running the "standard" 1-3/8”-24 rear mounting threads that you see on many rifle cans. This means you can swap the back end for use on .300blk, 308, 5.56, .350 legend, and all the other stuff it covers. I really like this functionality because of the variety of mounts used across guns I have interest in one day owning, but its not like you cant make others work too.

Its a good little can for what it is, but it is not winning any "quietest ever" awards - but that is not why I bought it, so I dont mind. My purpose was AR9/PCC with short barrel can first, and backup pistol can second, and it wont get hurt if it accidentally gets threaded onto something bigger, or used as a muffler when someone is hunting.

Very much enjoy my Rugged Obsidian as well, for what I bought it for.
    Last edited by el_chupo_; 09-06-21 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have the Omega 9k which I run on my UZI. It has been great and trouble free. But what I would get next time is a can that was narrow enough to use normal sights on a handgun. I hate suppressor sights. BUT, my 9k runs fantastic on all platforms. If you are a Red dot on a pistol guy and have a sub gun 9k all day.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    There’s nothing wrong with a suppressor that can be attached to everything. I think that I literally have every adapter for my TiRant 9. I finally decided that changing the configuration frequently is getting old, so I bought a dedicated tri-lug suppressor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast