View Poll Results: When is the next lockdown?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • November

12 38.71%
  • Never

9 29.03%
  • Soon, but for a gundemic instead

3 9.68%
  • What are you talking about?

7 22.58%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: When’s the next lock down for COOF?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    JUST in time to ruin the major holidays!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Or voting…

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I drove through 7 states in August and the vast majority of people I saw were not wearing masks, compared to July the year before when most people were. Anecdotal evidence, sure, but it pretty apparent that the 'rona is just not the boogie man it was a year ago.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    It won't stop the guv from trying.
    Ever hear of a certain Land Down Under? Or our maple-syrup-swilling neighbors up north? Some f**ky stuff going on in both places, as well as certain other places in the EU, with the 'rona lockdowns and restrictions, and where it seems the guv in those countries is staging to go next with it all.
    The fact that Australians willingly gave up their guns 25 years ago should indicate that it's a surprise to no one how compliant they are with their government when it comes to COVID. Australia is a lot like the U.S., in that the cities are super leftist while those out in the bush and the Outback tend to be closer to American conservatives in their views. The problem is, the percentage of the population that lives in the cities is much larger than that of the U.S. So, I wouldn't use them, or Canada, or the UK as any measure of how America will respond.

Perfect. More terrorists to arrest for 'reasons'.
    Here's my doom and gloom prediction - open defiance of Lockdown 2.0 is expected, and welcomed.
    You see, the commies always play you from both ends; either you lose by default by doing nothing, or they paint you into the corner of YOU being the lunatic who must be purged, for the children of course.
    Ruminate on this:
    They say this Delta variant is the most contagious and awful variation of The Rona yet (and apparently there's now a C-1.2-whatevernumber version from SA now too), and unlike KungFlu 1.0, this is super bad for the kiddies. We now Must Have vaxxes for the kiddies! Also, we can totally send them to school and everything will be fine...
    So which is it? People were losing their shit about "super spreader" events barely a year ago (right in the middle of The Summer of Love, ironically), but cramming all the kiddos back into class is totes beuno now IN THE MIDDLE of the Delta variant that they've made much ado about how bad it is for those same kids?
    The only possibilities here are the people In Charge are either totally incompetent, or blatant 2-faced liars, or there is a plan....and here's where we get to the gloom:

>> All the kiddies go back to school
    >>MAGICALLY cases! Mass shootup of numbers. The important thing here is, it won't matter if they are real cases or just hot air, they have everyone in such fear-panic mode all they will have to do is SAY it's happening to start the stampede.
    >>The parents, being the easily stampeded lemmings most adults seem to turn into these days as soon as they pop a kid or two out, will blame the schools for not enforcing mandatory vaxxes for everyone, because Biden told them this was a "pandemic of the unvaccinated", and will DEMAND the gov "do something" to stop the anti-vax-anti-science verybadpeople from killing our kids. It won't matter how many cases actually turn up in their state/district - even ONE case will have them squealing. Just like Australia right now...
    >>The gov will be all to happy to "help". For the children of course...
    They will hastily implement a host of stupid, hilariously tyrannical, and likely also contradictory dictates they've been hand-rubbing over for the last few months they've had all the power to themselves. There will not be a stated "lockdown 2.0", but all the restrictions will add up to one, along with a bunch of punitive tea-bagging for segments of the population they hold in contempt. The censorship of ANYTHING even hinting of being against the official narrative will go full-metal-China, probably complete with UK/AU-type visits to said offender's home by the popo (who will of course "just be doing our job to keep everyone safe ma'am, now if you could just come down to the station with us"...).
    >>Said dictates will also be hamfistedly enforced by a crop of the stupidest, most repugnant people local municipalities can possibly find (this is by design too). The gov will continue to triple down by even more fervently preaching the 'anti-science health terrorists' angle. This will anger people. Blatant FU noncompliance will grow. There will probably be large protests, with increasingly brutal jackbooting by our good friends from the Blue Line Club.
    >>The situation will spiral around itself for a bit in the noncompliance>protest>jackbooting>more punitive dictates against 'domestic health terrorists'>repeat, with increasing belligerence on both sides as the gov 'triple dog dares ya!' to not comply. Eventually the situation will reach "comply or die" stage, as people's basic life necessities are impacted, possibly also several well-publicized, well-spun poorly ending "incidents" with Pesky Citizens Vs Blue Line Club.
    >>Someone will "Do Something". Easy bet is a 'gun thing'. Whether it's a legit "had enough" Joe Nobody who does it, or the classic 3-Named-Man false flag gig, it won't really matter for the same reason the Rona numbers won't matter. The usual suspects will cry their crocodile tears for the camera, then gleefully go full retard implementing the next phase of their plans, with the full military-intel-LE force of the guv behind whatever "sweeping legislation' they pass. Don't comply?Terrorist! And remember... terrorists have no rights (as the trial run of post-jan-6 FBI lockups have shown for the slow folks). Also, they probably know whether you'll comply or not before you've decided via your cell/internet/credit card data.
    >>With the ability to brand anyone a threat on multiple fronts, "The Great Cowing" will begin. If you think the 'name and shame' twitter cancelling crusades are bad now...just wait til there are real-world consequences on the line. Maybe there will be a brief flurry of Waco 2.0 events as the newly re-aligned DOJ and Military hit the hardest holdouts, but these well-publicized and well-spun events will simply deter people rather than spur them to greater heights of resistance. After all they have a job to go to tomorrow...I'm not one of those racist/anti-science terroristy people after all. And they'll live on in quiet terror of anyone ever denouncing them as that.
    In the end, they won't even need to roll out the MRaps and Swat teams for a home raid, it'll just be a random police officer or two walking up to the guy/gal in the next line over from you at the bank or food store and saying "would you come with us please?" and that person will spend a moment looking around for any hope of support from their surrounding citizens, and knowing there will be none, sigh in defeat and go quietly.
    The rest of the surrounding citizens will all notice the event, then quickly pretend to notice anything BUT what's happening right next to them, all while crossing their fingers that it will all just go away quietly and they won't be next, as their mind, in a flash of terror-inspired clarity dredges up some facebook post from twenty years ago they forgot they made, that at the time was barely controversial, but now they cringe at the thought of anyone having found out they said even that much once upon a time...

You think I'm kidding, but for real, there was just a news article I saw, I don't remember if it was about the US or UK, where they talked about a poll some group did. Turns out people these days fear "social shaming" over ALL other forms of backlash, including jail, loss of jobs, etc.
    So, to go back to the first quote, it won't matter if people desire to not comply... if I can come up with a plausible sequence of events to force people to self-comply off the top of my head, requiring minimal effort, or loss of life, on the .guv side, you bet they can too.
    The other side of the situation here people are forgetting, is they haven't really tried to MAKE people comply here yet...
    The only people who fear social shaming over jail, loss of jobs, etc, are leftists. The fact is, people have had enough, and our livelihood has suffered. Even liberals I know have had enough. Unless government forces start opening fire on protestors with live ammo and crucifying people along the interstate highways, people aren't going to go for another lockdown.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am no longer compliant with their BS and I am not alone in my circle of friends.

However, sheep are numerous. I actually see idiots driving their cars with masks on their stupid, ugly faces. Probably a win-win scenario.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    I’m glad to hear that about where you are. I just left Costco. I was the ONLY one in the store without a face diaper. Even guys with grunt style shirts were masked up. I have little faith in my fellow citizens to practice their freedoms.
    My experience mirrors BoringGuy. Masks are random and not enforced. Wear it, don't wear it, wear it around your forehead, wear it under the chin...no one gives a shit. Whatever floats your boat!

I can't see there being another lockdown unless they go after businesses. If there's no where to go then there's a defecto lockdown.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My experience mirrors BoringGuy. Masks are random and not enforced. Wear it, don't wear it, wear it around your forehead, wear it under the chin...no one gives a shit. Whatever floats your boat!

I can't see there being another lockdown unless they go after businesses. If there's no where to go then there's a defecto lockdown.

That worked well for them last time. Revoke the permit / license and what the heck can the business owner do about it other than comply?

Still do not understand the logic there though. Killing some of their revenue sources while allowing other 'essential' businesses to continue on unmolested?

Bet money that if hair salons generated more revenue for the cities / states they would have been in the 'essential' category.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    That worked well for them last time. Revoke the permit / license and what the heck can the business owner do about it other than comply?

Still do not understand the logic there though. Killing some of their revenue sources while allowing other 'essential' businesses to continue on unmolested?

Bet money that if hair salons generated more revenue for the cities / states they would have been in the 'essential' category.
    I THINK the logic was to limit movement. Unfortunately it had the opposite effect. Same amount of people packed into less space.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

That’s exactly what they did here. During the Flu Manchu lockdown, a few of our favorite restaurants and bars blacked out their windows, kept the doors locked, patrons parked around the corner, and you had to call when you arrived at the back door. Once inside, these places were packed with friendly people just there to have a good time and enjoy their freedoms like the year prior. That’s what I was explaining about speakeasies.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    That’s exactly what they did here. During the Flu Manchu lockdown, a few of our favorite restaurants and bars blacked out their windows, kept the doors locked, patrons parked around the corner, and you had to call when you arrived at the back door. Once inside, these places were packed with friendly people just there to have a good time and enjoy their freedoms like the year prior. That’s what I was explaining about speakeasies.
    Color me skeptical.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast