Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket trigger guard tolerance stacking

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

Aftermarket trigger guard tolerance stacking

Went to install a Magpul trigger guard and noticed it sat proud of the bottom of the magwell at the location of the Gen3 PMAG overinsertion tab. Given this can possibly limit the upward movement of a Gen 3 Pmag, I took a couple minutes and removed a little bit of polymer and called it a day.

What trigger guards do you prefer, and does it sit proud of the height of the magwell?
    Last edited by opngrnd; 09-04-21 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve had to do that with all the Magpul plastic trigger guards lately.

Definitely something to check for.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Just another couple of reasons to avoid Magpul gen 3 magazines and trigger guards.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Just another couple of reasons to avoid Magpul gen 3 magazines and trigger guards.
    I'm quite content with the Gen 3 PMAGs. What specifically don't you like about them? I agree on the trigger guard, but recognize it was designed prior to the Gen3 PMAG, which is (I'm guessing) designed off of a mil-spec lower with a mil-spec trigger guard. Also, which trigger guards do you prefer?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No problems with a BCM polymer trigger guard on a Mega Machine receiver.

GH41 what other reasons are there to avoid third generation PMAGs?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I won't be swapping anything out at the moment, but this does make me curious which other options don't sit proud of the magwell.

Further discussing the M3 mags, I have had one malfunction during my 4 years shooting of attending "combat matches", and it was the was from the only non-M3 mag I had. Probably a complete coincidence, but it still almost cost me enough points to lose my placement in the match.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would do whatever is needed to make an AR accept Gen M3 Pmags.

I fixed a few of the notorious BCM lowers to use them. Worth it.

Gen M3 Pmags, IMO, are the single most significant reliability enhancement you can use.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We use Magpul triggerguards, like the shape and the fact they fill up the gap between grip and triggerguard.

Never a problem with them, in multiple different brand lowers, but the only gen3 Pmags we run are 20 rounders (no problems with those) everything else is gen 2 or GI.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It is ironic to me that Magpul's trigger guards may interfere with Magpul's magazines.

I prefer to use the aluminum Magpul trigger guards, but neither of the two guns we have with the poly trigger guards have an issue with M3 Pmags.

Andy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I had to modify a magpul trigger guard to fit my Centurion lower so the roll pin would line up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast