Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 AR-10 mild Kaboom

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    It wasn't nearly that impressive in reality. It was near the end of the day, and we have established our drops and there was no wind. This particular range (Gunsitehills) has steel targets ranging all the way out at known distances, so I had my reticle subtensions down pat at this point. Used my buddy's Magpul D-50 mag and did 10 rounds at each distance. As softly gassed as I've set my gas block, I'm sure it could have been done in under 2 by a better shooter.
    Have they let you come back? Lol. That’s a good range with a lot of steel but they get shitty when you start banging away with a gas gun.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 09-21-21 at 09:53.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Have they let you come back? Lol. That’s a good range with a lot of steel but they get shitty when you start banging away with a gas gun.
    Gunny is a great guy, but you're right he doesn't appreciate that sort of shooting one bit. This was a few years ago, and I must have caught him in a good mood. He had been watching us shoot and was comfortable that we knew what we were doing. After the third time we asked him he grudgingly agreed as long as I didn't have any misses. Lol
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFree View Post
    markm,
    I cringe to even bring this scenario up, but with your last comments gas guns would completely dominate PRS type competition, yet they’re not even close? And they’re timed events? I do realize the gist of the conversation is about “combat type” situations, I guess I’m really dense, but small frame gas gun can smoke a bolt gun in rapid fire, but I’ve not seen anyone yet outshoot an accomplished bolt gunner in competition.
    Yeah.. I've never shot competitively. My experience is strictly on our range. We have a target at 750 yards with a 6" center flapper. And yeah... if I want a hit on that flapper and not just anywhere on the larger target.... I'm grabbing a bolt gun.

But getting hits anywhere on the target rapidly before wind changes, in my experience, gives a gasser an edge. I get where points scoring on a target will favor a bolt gun for sure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Particular to gas- or piston-operated systems with efficient suppressors and short gas tubes, or a roller-delayed blowback, suppressed short barrel 7.62 HK.
    Would you give the same concern about a 16" Colt LE901 shooting 168 gr. AMAX using a XH buffer and either SiCo Omega or TBAC Ultra 5? I am almost certain this rifle uses a mid-length gas system.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a Colt 6.5 and have no hesitation about shooting this or other such gas guns. I believe this was a freak occurrence. Shot the Colt on Sunday.

PB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Pappabear, have you heard back from LMT?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No I have not. I will call later this week. In Vegas working right now. But ill get free time later.

PB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    No I have not. I will call later this week. In Vegas working right now. But ill get free time later.

PB
    Hey don't 'work' too hard while you're there brother.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I cruised out to Frontsight to take a peak, before my 4 day handgun class. So played a little today.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Any updates on this?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast