Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 AR-10 mild Kaboom

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I called a couple weeks ago and they said they were terrible low on inventory. Kinda sucks and being jacked around.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    If you’re on FB, hit up Joe Hajny in one of the LMT groups. He actually seems to get stuff done.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    So I talked Joe a couple weeks ago and he said he found some blemish / trade show uppers he could get me but needed to work on a BCG. So I was excited, but then I got a call saying BCG was put together from different pieces and parts. I just had to pony up $600.

Now $600 for an LMT Upper and BCG is a smoking deal ( even if used ) but not so much being the gun fired out of battery, which it did. So LMT Gets a C grade from me. Others may feel it’s a home run others may feel total BS. These are gun companies which are known to suck. What you think?

Gear is supposed to arrive today.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-19-21 at 14:30.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    So I talked Joe a couple weeks ago and he said he found some blemish / trade show uppers he could get me but needed to work on a BCG. So I was excited, but then I got a call saying BCG was put together from different pieces and parts. I just had to pony up $600.

Now $600 for an LMT Upper and BCG is a smoking deal ( even if used ) but not so much being the gun fired out of battery, which it did. So LMT Gets a C grade from me. Others may feel it’s a home run others may feel total BS. These are gun companies which are known to suck. What you think?

Gear is supposed to arrive today.

PB
    I would say that every company has it's failures, and it seems your were unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of (probably?) bad metallurgy in the cam pin of your LMT BCG. That said, charging you $600 for a pieced together/blem upper is certainly no more than they have in it. I would have been much happier hearing (reading) that they sent you a brand new upper to replace your toasted one, or even the blem, at no charge with an apology and a few goodies in the box. But it's better than a sharp stick in the eye, I guess.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That is a disappointing resolution overall in my opinion. I’m a huge LMT fan especially their MRP’s, I have several including an MWS. I agree with the above poster, they could have gone a little farther in making this right but at least the did something which is better than giving you middle finger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It doesn't matter who the company is, if the OP mentioned using reloads, this is about the best outcome he can expect.

I have never seen a firearm warranty that isn't explicitly void if you shoot reloads.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs103 View Post
    It doesn't matter who the company is, if the OP mentioned using reloads, this is about the best outcome he can expect.

I have never seen a firearm warranty that isn't explicitly void if you shoot reloads.
    Yea, It didn't exactly go the reload route mi amigo. Everyone knows that bullshit dead end. Like factory ammo cant go kaboom. But it wasn't the ammo. But they know the gun fired out of battery, so thats why its a bit bothersome to me. I'll just let it go and press on. It just a bummer because I have been an LMT poster child for years touting their gear. Like I said, C rating is my judgement. Could be worse could be better. I mean does LMT really need my $600, Ok I'll stop.

I had a friend say Knights is the worst with consumers, anyone heard how they handle such stuff. I would think Jack would be very helpful.

PB

Feedback Score
    I’d give them a B. If you’ve lost faith in the system or company, sell it. Between the 2 you have, you may get enough to buy a Keymod SR-25.

Did they ever give tell you what they determined happened?
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Did they ever give tell you what they determined happened?
    I'm curious about that as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No they did not, I'm sure because they were not 100% positive. But they had to know it fired out of battery, because the extractor was perfectly intact. Actually, I have 3 at this point. I'm not going to sell them, I'll just be thankful for what I have and press on.

PB

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast