Hey guys,

Over the last few month I have bought three Holsun 503Cu to put on some of the zillion guns I have laying around. On my personal protection weapons I basically only fiddle with Aimpoint, Acog, and RMR. But I don't mind putting "Chinesium" on my pure hobby stuff. Well, this one just went weird. I was shooting my X-95 all day and I had it nice and zeroed. And I had only made maybe two adjustments to the brightness. But, right as I was about to pack up I noticed it was dead as disco. Unfortunately it uses a couple of little screws to hold in the tray so there isn't a way to check the battery unless you have a tiny jewler's screwdriver with you. I was reminded why you really shouldn't skip on the BUIS. Keep them, don't fall for it.

Anyway, later I swapped out the battery and it worked. At first I just assumed the battery must have died after two months....yuck but that is an answer. But something told me to swap it back and sure enough the "dead" battery worked. I decided to ditch it anyway because maybe it is failing and I am just getting intermittent power. I put in a new battery...dead. Then I reseated it again and it worked. Looks like I have a wonky connector or something like that. I guess it is time to send back to Holsun but I am sure they will turn it on and say there isn't anything wrong (and they will appear to be right).

Just a data point, I am not condemning all holosuns. But I do think we should all keep our BUIS.