Thread: Holosun customer service

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Holosun customer service

After our agency transitioned to G17 MOS w/ RMR, my shift mate decided his carry gun needed a red dot too. Well, instead of a compact RMR, he went and bought a Holosun 507k x2. He asked me to install it, and I did. A month later he asks if I have some batteries because his has died, so I bring some in for him. Next day he tells me the optic killed both of those within hours.
    Thankfully he wasn’t carrying it, since he still has factory plastic sights on it.
    So I have him contact Holosun, and they had him an RMA and prepaid shipping label the same day and a brand new replacement within a week.
    Kudos to Holosun’s warranty taking care of their product. Reminds me of the cheaper Vortex products. Chinese, but they back them up.

I’m not sure what happened with the optic, other than he did take it boating, and it may have gotten wet, although it’s supposed to be waterproof.

I have no problem with Holosun for range guns. While RMR is not perfect, it’s the best option currently for defensive tools IMO.
    I am very excited for the new ACROs.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They did the same with me, except I am a over a month waiting on a replacement. I was initially impressed but they have kept saying, it is coming. It started on 7/19/21 just checked, when I sent it in. Just got notice yesterday that it is shipping, thank the lord.

Glad your was in stock. I still think they are pretty good, especially for the price. $300 to the door for a good optic.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-08-21 at 19:42.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had a 407k that would shut off on its own. Holosun promptly replaced it. The new one has the same problem.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not sure I’d pay 300 for a holosun. That’s too close to Aimpoint Pro or Trijicon MRO.

I had a Vortex RMR type thing with a snake related name that would not zero. Vortex replaced that one. I also have crossfire red dot, which has been great, but it’s used as an offset backup.

Cheap optics have their place, and it’s great when the companies back them, but they have to be cheap, or it defeats the purpose.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    Not sure I’d pay 300 for a holosun. That’s too close to Aimpoint Pro or Trijicon MRO.

I had a Vortex RMR type thing with a snake related name that would not zero. Vortex replaced that one. I also have crossfire red dot, which has been great, but it’s used as an offset backup.

Cheap optics have their place, and it’s great when the companies back them, but they have to be cheap, or it defeats the purpose.
    Tell me, good sir, how do you mount your Pro or MRO to your carry pistol?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Tell me, good sir, how do you mount your Pro or MRO to your carry pistol?
    Duct tape, obviously.
    Hahaha. Jk.
    I was generalizing, but I suppose for carry guns, there aren’t as many options. I wanna say I paid like 475-ish for my RMRs. 300 isn’t that far. Maybe it’s just me, but I’d rather run a solid set of irons than a cheap dot on a handgun considering the additional forces and abuse the electronic item will undergo on a pistol. Incidentally, half of my pistols, the smaller ones have irons, whereas the larger ones have RMRs. I do NOT look forward to replacing the batteries though, I know I’ll be stripping screws. I always do. hence my excitement for the acro2