Thread: 300blk and comps

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

300blk and comps

I have a Sig Rattler that should have a Form 1 soon. I have a Silencerco Omega 36M I’d like to use on it. Waiting for their ASR flash hider to come in stock but noticed they have their single port brake available. Obnoxious on a 300blk? It’s only a 5.5” barrel so I’m thinking yes but it got me thinking.

I put a brake on my MK18 and that was dumb. Was my first can and SBR and I thought I’d never shoot it unsuppressed and that the brake would act as a sacrificial baffle. After the first time taking the gun out I realized that was a mistake and put a flash hider on it.

Feedback Score
    Brakes on .300 Blackout are just about as bad, if not worse, due to faster burning powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is not enough recoil to warrant a brake with a 300BO. Brakes are loud since it direct a part of the gasses (muzzle blast) back your way and to those around you in an effort to reduce recoil.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I won this setup at a training event recently and I'll report back how well this blast diverter works w/ this Rugged M2 brake. It'll be going on a 7.94" Noveske Ghetto Blaster, so definitely will be a short/loud setup, but hopefully better than the Cherry Bomb the GB ships with. The Rugged blast diverter looks cool, basically a warden on steroids and has a couple end-cap options depending on your goals. https://ruggedsuppressors.com/produc...iverter-brake/

I have a Rugged Radiant 7.62 pending, but who knows how long that'll take!

Last edited by munch520; 09-13-21 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Even BCMs mod 0 comp is a PITA on a 9” 300 Blk, and it’s pretty gentle as comps go.
    Standard Bird Cage for me. I’m thinking about a “Flash Can”, this 300 BLK is a dedicated truck gun. Worst case scenario it could be shot inside the vehicle.
    I’m half deaf now, preserving what hearing I have left is a priority.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I have a Surefire brake on one of my .300s. It’s a 7” DD PDW. Without the blast defuser if is BRUTAL. With it it, its just terribly unpleasant. Once my fan is approved, it’ll be on there most of the time.

It had the factory linear comp when it was new. If wasn’t pleasant either, and it was supposed to direct gas and blast forward without any ports.

Just do flash hiders or suppressors if you can. Pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I mainly run 300 BLK suppressed, however i do have a Precision Armament EFAB brake on a 8" 300 BLK PDW, and it's not terrible. That being said, a flash can or flash hider is my preferred way to go on SBRs if they aren't suppressed. My truck gun has a flash can.