Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting Safariland to battle belt

Feedback Score

Mounting Safariland to battle belt

I have a HSGI Sure Grip that I've been using the QLS system to mount for several years and it's worked fine.
    I switched to the Slim Fit belt, instead of 3 rows of molle it has 2 so the QLS doesn't fit great on it.

I ended up getting the Safariland mid-ride mount thinking I could thread the inner belt though the mount, screw the female QLS to the 3 holes on the mount but the mount has a curve where the belt weaves through creating a noticeable bump.

I could always use a heat gun to flatten it but I'm starting to think this isn't the ideal setup.

This mount looks like it's designed to screw directly to the holster which won't work because I have two different holsters.

Is there a better way to mount this without using a drop holsters?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by omegajb; 09-07-21 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    What's wrong with having a bump? I suppose you could try a True North MHA, but if it's literally just because of the bump, I don't think it's worth it at all.

FYI, you're not using the QLS system, you're using MLS.

What do you mean the mount screws directly into the holster and won't work? Yes, you can directly mount the holster to the UBL, but you can also just as easily mount the MLS receiver plate to it.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 09-07-21 at 12:02.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    What's wrong with having a bump? I suppose you could try a True North MHA, but if it's literally just because of the bump, I don't think it's worth it at all.

FYI, you're not using the QLS system, you're using MLS.

What do you mean the mount screws directly into the holster and won't work? Yes, you can directly mount the holster to the UBL, but you can also just as easily mount the MLS receiver plate to it.
    Yup.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It looks the original question was deleted. I ran the QLS on my battle belt and due to the size of the webbing in that spot, it was a little loose for my preference. I’ve seen the True North MHA, it’s adjustable, which I think will remove some of the attachment looseness, correct?

Feedback Score
    Omegajb, I can't see your original post but I have a lot of experience wuth Safariland holsters and those bolts come in four or five different lengths. I'm happy to try to help with your setup.

Last edited by bikemike555; 09-07-21 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemike555 View Post
    Omegajb, I can't see your original post but I have a lot of experience wuth Safariland holsters and those bolts come in four or five different lengths. I'm happy to try to help with your setup.

Thanks, I deleted it to re-write for clarity but in the meantime I called Safariland and they helped me out and I think I have it figured out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I love my Safariland QLS, but it is a rubrics cube from time time between their nomenclature and the whole confusing deal.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's a safariland to MOLLE plate adaptor.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    True North MHA or Wilder Tactical UBL Mod will solve your problem.

https://wildertactical.com/belts/hol...eceiver-plate/

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I use the Safariland mid drop on the inner belt and bump is unnoticeable when wearing the belt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast