Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How is your sector of employment handling vax mandates?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

How is your sector of employment handling vax mandates?

How is your sector of employment handling things? I'm curious which sectors are going to lose a significant percentage of employees. For example, it'll be interesting to watch if the military loses personnel based on the mandates, or if there will be enough pushback that policies are reversed.

My primary employment is in manufacturing, and there is no mandate. Manufacturing has been crippled by lack of willing and capable employees. To push on this sector any harder would cripple companies, probably permanently, as the supply/demand cycle is struggling in the face of Gov interference.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Large Space/Defense Contractor - no vaccine mandate, at least in the U.S. The corporation has not made any vaccinations mandatory for CONUS workers in the past, so there really is no precedent for requiring them, unlike military/health care/education sectors (and more, I am sure).

EDIT Like Nick, we have a vaccination self-reporting tool, but ours is used to determine isolation requirements for employees exposed to Covid positive people.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-08-21 at 21:52.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I work for a large aerospace company. We have been strongly encouraged to get the vaccine, but a mandate does not look likely. The company has launched an online self-reporting tool in an attempt to determine the percentage of vaxxed employees, but the only indication of what this data is to be used for is the basis for reopening the onsite fitness center. I found this to be interesting because it does not appear to record names, or actually require submitted proof, to complete the self-report. I suspect there are hidden management incentives to get those numbers up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I work for one of the Oil & Gas “supermajors”. No mandates (yet) but they are strongly encouraging it. They did a “voluntary vax status self disclosure” recently. Those who disclosed got green lanyards and hard hat stickers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am my own sector of employment. I will never require my employees to get vaccinated. I also will not tolerate disputes over vaccination. If you like your job you will not give anyone a hard time over their vaccination status in either direction.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I work for a large dairy packaging plant. Basically, bottle milk & milk products. No Mandates at the moment, just masks for the unvaccinated. I don't think we are @ 50% Vaccinated yet but close, all contractors or any visitors coming into the plant have to wear masks vaccinated or not. Time will tell.

Feedback Score
    I work for the DoD, we were mandated, but medical and religious exemption are easy to attain. I have a medical exemption and my religious exemption requires supervisor sign-off. My supervisor suffered a severe vaccine reaction when he was vaccinated and is still suffering the consequences.

It’s form 10-263 for anybody needing the paperwork to apply for an exemption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My business partner and I will not be mandating anything other than being a good person to be on our team.

He got the mRNA therapy masquerading as a vaccine and I did not.

We both believe in freedom of choice.

I’ve had several teammates come to me in confidence concerned about the potential of a vaccine mandate and I assure them we won’t do it- the relief they feel is palpable and they are very thankful they don’t have to be faced with that type of decision.

Mandating what people put into their bodies as a condition of employment is just insane.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I’m an EMS pilot for a large children’s hospital. Since the approval of the Pfizer jab, vaccines are highly encouraged with financial incentives and a worksheet to track completion and I believe the whole hospital system is at roughly 2/3 vaccinated. Beginning next month non-vaccinated personnel will have to be tested within 72 hours prior to entering the hospital or having contact with hospital personnel.

As far as my job we can fly ‘normally’ (no PPE) if everyone is vaccinated - anyone who isn’t has to wear a procedure mask the entire time. For COVID positive/suspected (i.e. any unconfirmed respiratory illness) transports we are to wear N95 masks, gowns, and gloves and follow certain decontamination procedures post flight for ourselves, our equipment, and our helicopter.

We’re doing a couple of COVID transports a week give or take.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No mandate where I am at and if they mandate it, I will retire early. I can go at any time, it is good to be in that position.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast