Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That escalated quickly...

Feedback Score

That escalated quickly...

Melbourne, FL:
    Deputy Potters is chatting with the passenger about the toddler in the back seat, apparently unaware that she's sitting next to a professional criminal (Wilder) who is armed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/2499883.html

Potters was hit once, then chased down and clubbed with the AR pistol.
    After which Deputy Thoman shoots Wilder quite a bit.

Per Sheriff Ivey commenting on the deputies' response: 'For those out there who might be foolish enough to ask why we shot him so many times, that answer is simple - because evil can never be dead enough.'

Feedback Score
    Jesus. I really don't think people realize how fast crap can happen and how fast they have to react.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Whose brass shower is that towards the end?

Ah, the cop goes around behind the camera and MF’in mag dumps on the bad guy whose gun has jammed and who is now beating the other officer with the butt.

Go to 3:50
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Notice how at the end the officer scoops a mag up off the deck and reloads his gun with it? He either had muffed his reload and had to retrieve it or had run out of full reloads and was picking up one with a few BBs left in it....

Having watched it again, based on location, it looks like he reloads with the mag he dropped on his first reload--before the brass shower....All that reload with retention stuff may not be bullshit after all!
    Last edited by Esq.; 09-11-21 at 05:52.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I’m guessing that that mag drop was inadvertent. I don’t think he was a slide lock or I doubt he was at slide like if he picked up the bag and re-inserted it later. I think he advertently made dropped works his way around the car Pranav Magan and then came around. Does that mean he put 15 rounds into that dude? I heard at least 12. Nice.

As a concealed carry holder I wouldn’t want to have to defend all of those shots. But being a LEO especially in the situation, it’s a lot different.

Can’t wait for the corners report to see how many rounds this guy sucked up.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 09-11-21 at 07:34.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "Because Evil can never be dead enough"

Best line I've heard in a long time in an overall excellent presentation of the facts. This guy is the man.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Holy mag dumb Batman! Deputy did what needed doing. I'd be interested to see bodycam too. Did the LEO getting thumped with the AR kick the goblin off him giving the other deputy a clear shot?
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-11-21 at 10:12.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    This will make a great training video. Those officers were lucky. This could have easily been another "FBI Miami" moment. Just think if that dirtbag had a little practice and knew how to run an AR... The overhead spray and pray always makes me laugh. Good riddance.

You officers out there... BE CAREFUL. This could have ended much differently.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    "Because Evil can never be dead enough"

Best line I've heard in a long time in an overall excellent presentation of the facts. This guy is the man.
    Reminded me of this quote years ago from another FL Sheriff:

“You have to understand, he had already shot and killed a deputy, he had already shot and killed a K-9, and he shot and injured another deputy. Quite frankly, we weren’t taking any chances. That’s all the bullets we had or we would have shot him more. I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that’s all the ammunition they had. We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back.” -Polk County, FL Sheriff Grady Judd

Another one of his quotes is “If you need to shoot somebody, shoot him a lot.” There are several videos of Judd making similar comments like these after shootings. The press called him on it, and his response was something to the extent of: there’s no political correctness in a gunfight.
    Last edited by john armond; 09-11-21 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    What the video shows is the tenacity people have when they make the conscious decision to engage police. He didn’t just sit there and trade shots from behind a car. He left cover, closed the gap and flanked them. Had his gun been working he could’ve killed them both with that maneuver. That demonstration of tenacity and determination is the reason you shoot till their dead (at least in this situation).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast