Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time-Line Leading Up To The Collapse of Afghanistan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Time-Line Leading Up To The Collapse of Afghanistan

On this 20th Anniversary of 9/11, I give you all this.

I felt like this was important enough to have it's own thread. It's the most concise and detailed intel dump I have read which outlines precisely what went wrong, where, and why, and most importantly, by whom. It outlines what we all knew was the rational/logical idea, the plan, according to Blaber, was to keep the airbase, with 2.5k troops, support Af mil, with CAS and advisors to assist them onward. It was a plan that likely would have worked well.

Q: Is it actually possible the hatred for the orange man runs so deep that allowing 20 years of efforts, thousands of US lives, trillions of dollars, and our national security, was the motive for what happened? That making sure T could not claim a win with the original plan was the motive? I'm at a loss to explain otherwise.

B admin is trying to claim they inherited a bad plan, and or, the generals let him down with bad advice. Both are bold faced lies. Article is written a legend in SOF, Pete Blaber, Former Special Mission Unit Commander, who wrote "The Mission, the Men, and Me: Lessons from a Former Delta Force Commander" which is highly recommended if you have not read it. Had some limited coms with him, RE, supplements related as he's an FB "friend."

Read This:

https://www.sentinelsoffreedom.us/20...f-afghanistan/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-11-21 at 15:46.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Will,

Thank you for sharing. I’ve read Peter’s books and gather he is the type of leader that most strive to be. How everything went down this year still makes me sick.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is another good read on the topic.

“Ghost wars : the secret history of the CIA, Afghanistan, and bin Laden, from the Soviet invasion to September 10, 2001” By Steve Coll

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    This is another good read on the topic.

“Ghost wars : the secret history of the CIA, Afghanistan, and bin Laden, from the Soviet invasion to September 10, 2001” By Steve Coll
    Where is it documented there was a plan to leave 2,500 US personnel in country? The terms of the Feb. 2020 treaty make it clear there was no intent to leave any forces behind.

The United States is committed to withdraw from Afghanistan all military forces of the United States,
    its allies, and Coalition partners, including all non-diplomatic civilian personnel, private security
    contractors, trainers, advisors, and supporting services personnel within fourteen (14) monthsfollowing
    announcement of this agreement, and will take the following measures in this regard:
    . II
    A. The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will take the following measures in the first one
    hundred thirty-five (135) days:
    1) They will reduce the number of U.S. forces in Afghanistan to eight thousand six hundred
    (8,600) and proportionally bring reduction in the number of its allies and Coalition
    forces.
    2) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from five
    (5) military bases.
    B. With the commitment and action on the obligations of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which
    is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban in Part Two of this
    agreement, the United States, its allies, and the Coalition will execute the following:
    1) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will complete withdrawal of all remaining
    forces from Afghanistan within the remaining nine and a half (9.5) months.
    2) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from
    remaining bases.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by legumeofterror View Post
    Where is it documented there was a plan to leave 2,500 US personnel in country? The terms of the Feb. 2020 treaty make it clear there was no intent to leave any forces behind.
    Not sure why you quoted me, but the book doesn’t cover anything past September 11th.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    On this 20th Anniversary of 9/11, I give you all this.

I felt like this was important enough to have it's own thread. It's the most concise and detailed intel dump I have read which outlines precisely what went wrong, where, and why, and most importantly, by whom. It outlines what we all knew was the rational/logical idea, the plan, according to Blaber, was to keep the airbase, with 2.5k troops, support Af mil, with CAS and advisors to assist them onward. It was a plan that likely would have worked well.

Q: Is it actually possible the hatred for the orange man runs so deep that allowing 20 years of efforts, thousands of US lives, trillions of dollars, and our national security, was the motive for what happened? That making sure T could not claim a win with the original plan was the motive? I'm at a loss to explain otherwise.

B admin is trying to claim they inherited a bad plan, and or, the generals let him down with bad advice. Both are bold faced lies. Article is written a legend in SOF, Pete Blaber, Former Special Mission Unit Commander, who wrote "The Mission, the Men, and Me: Lessons from a Former Delta Force Commander" which is highly recommended if you have not read it. Had some limited coms with him, RE, supplements related as he's an FB "friend."

Read This:

https://www.sentinelsoffreedom.us/20...f-afghanistan/
    Unfortunately the media has sold the failure as Trump's fault to all their liberal sponges that sop up the untruth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Not sure why you quoted me, but the book doesn’t cover anything past September 11th.
    I meant to quote the OP.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Leadership matters. The time-line of the decisions leading up to the collapse of Afghanistan reveal that the key leaders involved lack some of the most important qualities needed by those who lead and govern: discernment, wisdom, prudence, the ability to listen to their people and anticipate unfolding events, the capacity to make the right decision based on incomplete information, and the flexibility and willingness to change their mind based on “the adaptive stimulus of what’s going on around them.” To summarize, Joe Biden, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, and General Mark Milley lack common sense and the ability to make coherent decisions and solve complex problems.

Yeah that about sums it up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Leadership matters. The time-line of the decisions leading up to the collapse of Afghanistan reveal that the key leaders involved lack some of the most important qualities needed by those who lead and govern: discernment, wisdom, prudence, the ability to listen to their people and anticipate unfolding events, the capacity to make the right decision based on incomplete information, and the flexibility and willingness to change their mind based on “the adaptive stimulus of what’s going on around them.” To summarize, Joe Biden, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, and General Mark Milley lack common sense and the ability to make coherent decisions and solve complex problems.

Yeah that about sums it up.
    Considering how systematic and methodical they were about, I'm having difficulty with fully accepting it as simple ineptitude and lack of common sense there. I could be seeing shadows where none exists too and they're just morons.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by legumeofterror View Post
    Pretty easy to find:

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Rel...levels-in-afg/

Statement by Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller on Force Levels in Afghanistan
    JAN. 15, 2021
    Today, U.S. force levels in Afghanistan have reached 2,500. Directed by President Trump, and as I announced on November 17, this drawdown brings U.S. forces in the country to their lowest levels since 2001. Today, the United States is closer than ever to ending nearly two decades of war and welcoming in an Afghan-owned, Afghan-led peace process to achieve a political settlement and a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire.

With a force of 2,500, commanders have what they need to keep America, our people and our interests safe. Working alongside our NATO allies and partners, the United States will continue to execute both our counterterrorism mission and the train, advise and assist mission in support of Afghan Security Forces working to secure peace in their country. Continued fulfillment of these two complementary missions seeks to ensure that Afghanistan is never again used to harbor those who seek to bring harm to the United States of America.

This force reduction is an indication of the United States’ continued support towards the Afghan peace process and our adherence to commitments made in both the U.S.-Taliban agreement and the U.S.-Afghanistan Joint Declaration. Moving forward, while the Department continues with planning capable of further reducing U.S. troop levels to zero by May of 2021, any such future drawdowns remain conditions-based. All sides must demonstrate their commitment to advancing the peace process. Further, the United States will continue to take any action necessary to ensure protection of our homeland, our citizens and our interests.
    SF

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast