Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Big "C"...

Feedback Score
    You’re a better man than me Chuck. I don’t even barely tolerate dentist visits and what you describe scares the shit out of me. You will prevail. Chicks dig scars. I will pray for you. You got it, just time to be a good patient.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Work is the least of my concerns. I have about 8 weeks of PTO, but my bosses have given me more than enough work to work from home.

My department head is essentially a mother hen and she said that since I am in immunocompromised status now, not to go back to the office. Honestly, I doubt I'll get back to the office until January.
    I would imagine the recover is going to really be something. Those first couple of days are going to be a Bear.
    I've had four Rhinoplasties and my Uvula trimmed, the last time I thought I was chocking and I sneezed and pulled a booger the size of a snuff can out of my face.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    You’re a better man than me Chuck. I don’t even barely tolerate dentist visits and what you describe scares the shit out of me. You will prevail. Chicks dig scars. I will pray for you. You got it, just time to be a good patient.
    If you want to both entertain yourself and gross yourself, google "free flap maxillectomy", and go to the images tab (here's the actual name of the procedure: Hemi-maxillectomy and free flap (fibula) reconstruction). I was scared as shit, but I have become fatalistic: I gotta do what I gotta do and get it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I would imagine the recover is going to really be something. Those first couple of days are going to be a Bear.
    I've had four Rhinoplasties and my Uvula trimmed, the last time I thought I was chocking and I sneezed and pulled a booger the size of a snuff can out of my face.
    My first surgery for this (which was aborted) was endoscopic through my nose into my sinus and between my cheek and gum. That was Sept 9, and has been my only 'sinus'/ENT procedure (aside from tubes and a T&A when I was a kid). God willing, it'll be my last. I can't believe some people go through these surgeries a couple times a year. Zero stars, do not recommend.
    Last edited by chuckman; 10-13-21 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Just when you think things are going a little too well (or even 'just well enough'). Read about it here, in my blog. Today's entry is "Ah, there it is."

http://myjourneywithc.simplesite.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just when you think things are going a little too well (or even 'just well enough'). Read about it here, in my blog. Today's entry is "Ah, there it is."

Dude that's a hell of a thing to go through...

Feedback Score

You gotta be thinking "Well fvck me running!" Damn.

What about harvesting the vessel from the other leg? I am making the assumption that this is for re-vascularizing the facial area as part of the reconstruction (?). Or is this an add-on problem separate from the cancer surgery?

Charles, you will persevere. You will endure. You WILL prevail.

I read your problem and realize my issues are trivial, like overwhelmingly trivial. The day you undergo surgery (the 26th) I am going to be drugged for an MRI on my shoulder, which I think I tore the labrum in last weekend doing dumbbell presses. I've had a number of MRI's over the years then all of a sudden on the last one I was like "Uh, hey, can you please pull me out of this thing NOW!" All of a sudden that tube became a coffin and I calmly freaked out. Now my pussy ass has to be loopy before I can do one. Then I have no doubt I will be having surgery to repair it (I actually heard something tear). YOU have the hurdle to overcome, not me. What I have to do is miniscule in comparison. I will keep that in mind and put things in perspective when I start to feel whiney.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score

I spent a good bit of time reading that stuff there in your blog.

Just wanted to say that you are in my prayers for a speedy resolution and RECOVERY and also say thanks.

Your story made me stop and think about my puny problems and put them into better perspective. In the grand scheme of things - What I 'thought' were problems are not really problems. Bumps in the road perhaps but certainly not problems worth complaining about.

You WILL beat this stuff and we are here for you brother.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    God bless, Chuckman. Prayers have been said.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Thinking of you Chuckman. Let me know if have any books on your wish list. I'll send it your way.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Chuckman,
    I am with you. My wife was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer on January 20, 2021. We have been through chemo, radiation and she had surgery on October 1st. We are dealing with the after effects of that now, and she has a second surgery to (hopefully) reverse the colostomy bag situation in three or four months. But we have made it through together. Stay close to your family. And feel free to message me if you need to chat.
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast