Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Big "C"...

Feedback Score
    Just seeing this thread. Can't even fathom what hearing that C-word does to someone. Prayers for you good Sir.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Just seeing this thread. Can't even fathom what hearing that C-word does to someone. Prayers for you good Sir.
    It's been a week exactly since I got the news. I'll tell you this, sure puts a lot of shi* in perspective....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    It's been a week exactly since I got the news. I'll tell you this, sure puts a lot of shi* in perspective....
    Indeed. And I’m hoping you can get thru this and come out the other side better for it.

Right now I’m helping a friend with colon cancer (helping run his shop, taking him to appointments when he needs, etc). It’s brutal on him.

So when my boss and I do our morning call, doesn’t matter what B.S. we have going on in at work or in our lives, we both take the view that compared to my buddy, we have zero problems. All of our stuff is just stuff. Rental property in Louisiana trashed by a storm? Oh well. Just gotta talk to insurance and get the contractor to jump on it. My divorce? Big deal. It’ll go away.

Watching a 38-year-old man not be able to get his blood panels done because he’s throwing up in the parking lot from his meds? I’m going to go hug my kids, pray, and get to living. Time’s a wastin’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    Indeed. And I’m hoping you can get thru this and come out the other side better for it.

Right now I’m helping a friend with colon cancer (helping run his shop, taking him to appointments when he needs, etc). It’s brutal on him.

So when my boss and I do our morning call, doesn’t matter what B.S. we have going on in at work or in our lives, we both take the view that compared to my buddy, we have zero problems. All of our stuff is just stuff. Rental property in Louisiana trashed by a storm? Oh well. Just gotta talk to insurance and get the contractor to jump on it. My divorce? Big deal. It’ll go away.

Watching a 38-year-old man not be able to get his blood panels done because he’s throwing up in the parking lot from his meds? I’m going to go hug my kids, pray, and get to living. Time’s a wastin’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good story about perspective.

Ironically, my best friend--friend from childhood, we lived together for 4 years in college, he was my best man in my wedding--had his last colon cancer surgery (ostomy reversal) and was declared cancer free the very day that I got my cancer diagnosis. To our wives, ah, chagrin he and I are getting tats when I am done and cancer free. A solidarity thing. I think our wives are hoping we'll forget it.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Life has a way of sneaking up on us, but I’m glad your PET scan came back negative.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Prayers and the very best of wishes to you Chuckman.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Saw doc today, 90% spindle cell carcinoma or sarcoma, in either case needs maxillotomy (take off half of my face, my jaw, my teeth), a final pathology shows different, they'll still do the surgery, but first chemo and radiation beforehand.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Jesus..prayers sent to you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Saw doc today, 90% spindle cell carcinoma or sarcoma, in either case needs maxillotomy (take off half of my face, my jaw, my teeth), a final pathology shows different, they'll still do the surgery, but first chemo and radiation beforehand.
    Had prostate removed for cancer. It has it's own "hidden" issues. You are looking at an end-result that is more apparent, and I feel for you. But you wanna know what counts more than anything? Being alive at the end of it.

Rock on. You'll find that old endurance you had once! Godspeed!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Had prostate removed for cancer. It has it's own "hidden" issues. You are looking at an end-result that is more apparent, and I feel for you. But you wanna know what counts more than anything? Being alive at the end of it.

Rock on. You'll find that old endurance you had once! Godspeed!
    At this point I'm just ready to get it done and be on the other side.

When they told me that the surgery requires three different specialties of surgeons including plastics, I told them I want to come out of it looking like Chris Hemsworth in Thor.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast