Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Big "C"...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Radiation will start in a couple weeks, it'll be M-F for 6 weeks. I'll likely have a permanent vision field cut in my right eye, fatigue for a couple months, burned cheek, probably lose taste for a while.
    Sounds terrific. I wish I had something encouraging to say but I don't. Instead I'll be grateful for what I have like normal vision in both eyes.

Feedback Score
    Not to lessen the impact, but you knew this was coming as we mentioned it earlier in this thread. Phase I is done and now for Phase II.

You are a helluva better man than me. Phase I would have been MORE than enough for me. But as a former military guy you know how an op is conducted.....the threat usually exists throughout the process. Same with this situation. I am NOT trying to be Debbie Downer. I am trying to suggest looking at the end-goal (and I'm sure you are and have been) and endure. You HAVE to overcome this.

"There but for the grace of God go I" is a saying I always remember.

Please feel free to PM me if you wanna talk. I've not walked a mile in your shoes, but maybe a half-mile in sandals?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Not to lessen the impact, but you knew this was coming as we mentioned it earlier in this thread. Phase I is done and now for Phase II.

You are a helluva better man than me. Phase I would have been MORE than enough for me. But as a former military guy you know how an op is conducted.....the threat usually exists throughout the process. Same with this situation. I am NOT trying to be Debbie Downer. I am trying to suggest looking at the end-goal (and I'm sure you are and have been) and endure. You HAVE to overcome this.

"There but for the grace of God go I" is a saying I always remember.

Please feel free to PM me if you wanna talk. I've not walked a mile in your shoes, but maybe a half-mile in sandals?
    I know radiation won't be nearly as challenging as the surgery and hospital, and the first couple weeks home. The challenge is the shift from the immediacy to the long view, and the knowledge that even that I know longer have it, that could change.

I'm taking the 'what can I do today?' perspective. Exercise, eat right, be a good person. Maximize what I can do since there's a lot out of my control.

No, you may not have walked a mile in my Birkenstocks, but you have some street cred, mi amigo. I appreciate your insight.
    Last edited by chuckman; 12-02-21 at 10:37.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Update time.

Halfway through radiation. Its side effects are setting in...blisters on my tongue and in my mouth, hearing problems, inflammation, fatigue. Aside from that, I am feeling pretty good...exercising and moving, which is good. A couple fitness/nutrition SMEs here have been extremely helpful.

So, I move on. Radiation concludes in February, then frequent imaging to make sure it does not come back or spread. Thank you all for your support, PMs, texts, and emails.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm glad your doing well.
    I come here to check on what your up to and it seems like your doing well so far, glad to hear it.
    Good Luck mi amigo.

Feedback Score
    I’ve thought much about your journey recently as someone in my family is going through a C scare right now, no diagnosis yet just waiting for more appts and answers. It adds a whole new depth to anxiety and patience I don’t know how people take it. I’m glad your on the road to recovery and wish the best for you.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear man! Drive on......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Stay strong, I haven't been reading much here lately and missed this. The big C is and has been on my mind for awhile.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Hang in there, buddy.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Update time.

Halfway through radiation. Its side effects are setting in...blisters on my tongue and in my mouth, hearing problems, inflammation, fatigue. Aside from that, I am feeling pretty good...exercising and moving, which is good. A couple fitness/nutrition SMEs here have been extremely helpful.

So, I move on. Radiation concludes in February, then frequent imaging to make sure it does not come back or spread. Thank you all for your support, PMs, texts, and emails.
    I would really consider using marijuana for the side effects.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast