Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Big "C"...

Feedback Score
    It looks like you have the insight for your Dr's & medical care. That's a great help. (as you know)
    I was fortunate as well. My wife is the Director of GME at one of our hospitals. She oversees all resident training so she knows all the Attendings, Chairs etc. We hand picked our med staff & Dr's. It was a inside scoop most folks don't get.
    God Bless you & ring that bell like hell when you beat it!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    PET scan was negative for metastasis. Still waiting for pathology to figure out what kind of tumor this is so they can make a plan.

I am not a patient man, but I am learning to be.

I still look like I had a stroke, droopy face on one side, lip/teeth/gums/cheek are still numb, and I still have a bloody, leaky nose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    PET scan was negative for metastasis. Still waiting for pathology to figure out what kind of tumor this is so they can make a plan.

I still look like I had a stroke, droopy face on one side, lip/teeth/gums/cheek are still numb, and I still have a bloody, leaky nose.
    Awesome news man! Have to take every bit of good news as it comes and relish it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thats great Man ! Glad to hear it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My wife had a similar scare, turned out to be nothing. I know what you were going through and you likely didn't get a lot of sleep.

This is fantastic news and I am glad for you and your family. Take your wife out to dinner, if you're married as it was probably harder on her than you understand.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-17-21 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I told my story about my "Tumor" in my jaw, turned out to be a third set of teeth.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I told my story about my "Tumor" in my jaw, turned out to be a third set of teeth.
    Sounds like you got out "easy". Every presumptive diagnosis was 'best case scenario' until they sent out frozen sections for quick path and they all came back malignant.

Tissue from an unerupted or partially erupted tooth or from extra teeth can be a dentigerous cyst, which is what they thought it was at first.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like you got out "easy". Every presumptive diagnosis was 'best case scenario' until they sent out frozen sections for quick path and they all came back malignant.

Tissue from an unerupted or partially erupted tooth or from extra teeth can be a dentigerous cyst, which is what they thought it was at first.
    I can promise you, I was sure I had cancer.
    I've dipped snuff since I was 12, the tooth was exactly where my snuff rested for decades.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I can promise you, I was sure I had cancer.
    I've dipped snuff since I was 12, the tooth was exactly where my snuff rested for decades.
    "I was sure I had cancer..."

I get that. Since this started every twitch, every cough I've thought was cancer. In a month I've lost about 8 pounds, so I was sure the pet scan was going to show some horrible GI cancer. All that turned out good, I think the weight loss was because this tumor has made it painful to open my mouth and chew.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dude this post makes my jaw hurt.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast