Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Big "C"...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If y'all wanna laugh, read the blog entry from this weekend.

Short story, on Friday I saw an appointment pop up on my online patient portal for a visit in the breast clinic for a "new breast." WTF??

I came 'this' close to just calling to cancel until I thought that just maybe I should investigate. Turns out, the plastic surgeon who is going to reconstruct my face does not have clinic on Wednesday, so he (and the breast doc) are going to see me in the breast clinic; the order is a 'place holder' since the system requires it. So you know all the jokes that have been going on about me and my new breast.

In all seriousness though, had I not took the time to investigate and just canceled I would have been shit out of luck. Someone should have called and said 'this is what we are going to do so don't go nuts when you see it in the computer.'

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    If y'all wanna laugh, read the blog entry from this weekend.

Short story, on Friday I saw an appointment pop up on my online patient portal for a visit in the breast clinic for a "new breast." WTF??

I came 'this' close to just calling to cancel until I thought that just maybe I should investigate. Turns out, the plastic surgeon who is going to reconstruct my face does not have clinic on Wednesday, so he (and the breast doc) are going to see me in the breast clinic; the order is a 'place holder' since the system requires it. So you know all the jokes that have been going on about me and my new breast.

In all seriousness though, had I not took the time to investigate and just canceled I would have been shit out of luck. Someone should have called and said 'this is what we are going to do so don't go nuts when you see it in the computer.'
    I always wanted a pet titty, really, I would go for it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Updated blog after yesterday's appointments.

I had an angiogram to assess the suitability of the vessels to transplant into my head. They had a devil of a time getting access in right femoral artery/groin, today it looks like I have been monkey punched by Mike Tyson and it hurts to walk, bend, cough, etc.

Saw the two plastic surgeons on the case. Case can go 10, 12 hours, and I might need a trach (short-term). Great guys, wife calls them the "dynamic duo".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Updated blog after yesterday's appointments.

I had an angiogram to assess the suitability of the vessels to transplant into my head. They had a devil of a time getting access in right femoral artery/groin, today it looks like I have been monkey punched by Mike Tyson and it hurts to walk, bend, cough, etc.

Saw the two plastic surgeons on the case. Case can go 10, 12 hours, and I might need a trach (short-term). Great guys, wife calls them the "dynamic duo".
    Next Tuesday right? Keep us posted as soon as you can, maybe even have your wife log in under your name and give us an update. Show her the thread and show her how to do it.

And speaking with my background, if you have to endure a trach keep the damn thing clean! Use sterile technique, don't jam a Yankauer down there!

Seriously, keep us in the loop. Godspeed brother!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Next Tuesday right? Keep us posted as soon as you can, maybe even have your wife log in under your name and give us an update. Show her the thread and show her how to do it.

And speaking with my background, if you have to endure a trach keep the damn thing clean! Use sterile technique, don't jam a Yankauer down there!

Seriously, keep us in the loop. Godspeed brother!
    Yeah buddy, all of the above.
    Please keep us in the loop, a lot of people out here pulling and praying for you.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have updated my blog, and I'll probably do it tomorrow. This will be my last update before surgery, so I'll be on at some point hopefully later this week or next week.

Saw ENT on Friday, pathology now showing Spencer cell sarcoma. Surgery will probably be somewhere around 10 hours in length, I'll have a feeding tube in my nose for 2 to 4 weeks. I can stand to lose a few pounds, so, ok.

We'll figure chemo and or radiation in a couple weeks.

In the meantime, thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cool entry.
    I hope your hanging in their buddy.

Feedback Score
    You know, I long ago learned that just when you think your life is screwed, you find that someone somewhere ALWAYS has it worse. You have to occasionally center yourself and remember that truth. Acknowledge it. That is how I feel about this situation you find yourself in: "There but for the grace of God go I". My trivial whiney problems pale in comparison to what you are facing. Please keep us posted as soon as you can. My money says you will be fine in the long run. Like a good running back, put your head down and drive forward, bowling over what stands in your way!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Anyone heard from Chuckman? I know his surgery was this past Tuesday and it was a MAJOR one. I'm sure right now M4C is the furthest thing from his mind. Would just like to hear he's okay.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve been thinking about him and his family and checking his blog for updates, that’s all I know to do as I don’t know him personally.

That surgery sounded like it was gonna be extremely rough and I’m not surprised he’s not posting online.

Will keep prayers going out.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast