Thread: Upgrading an old Surefire VTAC KX2c

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)

Upgrading an old Surefire VTAC KX2c

I have this old VTac Surefire with a kx2c head. I believe it's like 150 or 200 lumens. Is there a way to upgrade it with a modern high output head, or is it going to blow up? I stuck a 500 lumen m300 had on it, and it turned on, but didn't seem as bright as when it was on the m300.

I don't have any pressing need for it, but I found it in a forgotten parts bin, and I don't like waste. Alternatively, does it have any resale value?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocaster; 09-11-21 at 12:09.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Any modern scout head will drop on. When you popped on the M300 head, did you put in fresh batteries? The KX2C isn't a bad head. Low lumen compared to new stuff, but you should be looking at a decent 2+ hour run time so it does have that.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984