Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2 EDC?

Feedback Score

Staccato C2 EDC?

im sure this has been asked and if not I’m almost positive some one some where is going to blow up at this question…. That being said how many people that carry a C2 in a good kydex holster actually carry with the safety on? I have always carried striker or DA firearms, before I buy a C2 and retrain my self to disengage a safety after each draw stroke, I just wonder if the people that carry in a tier 1 or Las or any well made/high quality holster actually carry with. It on safe.
    Last edited by Paulsd; 08-17-21 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Condition One"/ Cocked and Locked is preferred carry for for 1911/2011 (and other single action Autos).
    If you're to weak on training to use the thumb safety on these, use a different firearm type.
    It's a guarantee you will not be allowed to, or welcomed to training/range by others if you're holstering hot, with no safety engaged.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    That’s how i know trainings to be, if you don’t stay in condition one, they will let you use another firearms. I don’t mind the training, hell you can’t get enough in my opinion, but i was a little curious on how many actually left it cock and no in condition one as an edc.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Anyone who isn't an idiot is going to carry their 1911-type pistol with the safety on.

Don't be an idiot. Use the thumb safety.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    With practice, it's second nature. Without... you WILL forget to do it under stress.

Having a manual safety is better IMO, but I'm fine without as well. Primarily for movement, reholstering, and admin stuff.

Just make sure your manual safety is positive/stiff. A floppy, loose manual safety is pointless as it gives you the impression it's on safe when it's not.

You definitely do not want to assume it's in the "off" position and need to fire... only to discover it is inadvertently now engaged in the "on" position either.

1911 style pistols are designed to be used with the manual safety. If that isn't your thing, perhaps consider switching to a different platform.

I don't know anyone that carries a 1911 cocked and UN-locked.

That said, I know guys that carry their Sig DA autos in cocked/SA position with no manual safety. They tell me it's the same as a Glock.
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 09-02-21 at 16:54.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't know if I wasn't reared on 1911's that I would try to train myself on a carry gun with 1911/2011 controls. For me it happens with zero thought. 100% training and muscle memory. To have run plastic wonders ( which I mostly carry for other reasons ie weight-capacity ) most of my life and then buy a Stacatto to carry. Not impossible with a lot of training but make sure you get a lot of training. It would be a lot of fun to do so.

I have shot 1911's on many occasions and either holstered the gun or sat on the range bench then said to myself "shit did I pop on the safety" and I always had but didn't remember.

Let me say, buy a Stacatto and train with it because it is awesome.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I'm toying with the idea of getting a Staccato P, I've carried glock 19's and 17's. I compete in 3gun and occasionally USPSA and I will sometimes dabble in heavy or single stack and run a 1911. It's not that difficult to disengage the safety. Yes the 1911/2011 platform has the grip safety that would still prevent premature firing but I think you should still run the thumb safety.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Just to be clear for the OP - those of us who carry 1911's carry them with a round chambered, thumb safety ON. That's how it was designed to be carried. I know a lot of 1911 guys and not one of them carries in any other condition.

A lot of people get a case of the heebie-jeebies because that cocked hammer just looks......ready to go off. But three things have to happen for it to go bang. Thumb safety, grip safety, trigger.

Was at the range when a fellow competitor shot himself in the leg while reholstering a gun with a pinned grip safety and the thumb safety off.

A few months later he showed up with a T-shirt that said

"Yes it hurts"
    "I don't want to talk about it"

It's just a question of whether you want to do the training. I click mine off just after the support hand joins the grip. That is pretty much about the time the gun muzzle is pointed downrange.

Don't forget to include weak hand only and strong hand only safety manipulation as part of the training.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 09-20-21 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The taped grip safety seems to be enjoying a resurgence with the popularity of the 2011. It needs to die. Hey a properly adjusted grip safety.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Cocked and locked. Those guys that carry condition 3 just blow my mind. I'm thinking, "You do realize I can put 3-5 holes in you before you rack that slide, right?"
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast