• BUL Armory SAS TAC Commander 9mm

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 suggestions

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    The last thing anyone needs to do is re-engineer one of the flattest shooting 9mm steel framed guns on the planet. Do that when you’re a GM getting beat by ported guns- it doesn’t happen.

I have no idea why anyone would buy a Triarc other than to look cool on the internet or the BBQ. Why would you wait 6+ months, deal with half assed customer service and support, and have a gun with a smaller support network should you need help?

I went Staccato. American sourced steel. Excellent support. I didn’t have to wait a long time. Delivered exactly as promised. The thing is a laser beam. In my opinion it is the tip of the spear right now in handgun technology- not that others aren’t also making 2011’s, but they aren’t doing it in mass, with the same level of QC and support.
    Have you owned/shot any other 2011’s? I’m not trying to be pugnacious but I’d hardly call Staccato/Sti cutting edge or tip of the spear. They’re production guns and compared to Atlas, Infinity, and even Nighthawk it shows. Hell, they’re still using the same grip/design they’ve been using for last two decades. I’m not bashing them but merely voicing a different opinion to the pedestal your post appears to put them on. Hell I shoot a P regularly and while it’s a nice gun, it’s nothing to write home about nor does it shoot anywhere near as flat as comparable models. It’s been reliable for sure and I give them credit for mass marketing the 2011 platform and giving it a purpose outside of competition.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Have you owned/shot any other 2011’s? I’m not trying to be pugnacious but I’d hardly call Staccato/Sti cutting edge or tip of the spear. They’re production guns and compared to Atlas, Infinity, and even Nighthawk it shows. Hell, they’re still using the same grip/design they’ve been using for last two decades. I’m not bashing them but merely voicing a different opinion to the pedestal your post appears to put them on. Hell I shoot a P regularly and while it’s a nice gun, it’s nothing to write home about nor does it shoot anywhere near as flat as comparable models. It’s been reliable for sure and I give them credit for mass marketing the 2011 platform and giving it a purpose outside of competition.
    I’m a 5 gun master class shooter.

For me, I do not see the downrange benefit of spending more than a Staccato on a 2011. You spend more, tune more, spend more on magazines, and have less support. If you want to spend more for the sake of having a boutique gun, I totally get that, but two equal shooters won’t beat one another because one is shooting an Atlas and the other a Staccato. If you’re looking to improve your shooting, buy a Staccato and spend the rest on ammo, training, and matches.

For what it’s worth, I think all 2011’s are overrated and prefer shooting SSP with my bone stock G34 with Dawson sights and beating everyone else.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I’m a 5 gun master class shooter.

For me, I do not see the downrange benefit of spending more than a Staccato on a 2011. You spend more, tune more, spend more on magazines, and have less support. If you want to spend more for the sake of having a boutique gun, I totally get that, but two equal shooters won’t beat one another because one is shooting an Atlas and the other a Staccato. If you’re looking to improve your shooting, buy a Staccato and spend the rest on ammo, training, and matches.

For what it’s worth, I think all 2011’s are overrated and prefer shooting SSP with my bone stock G34 with Dawson sights and beating everyone else.
    Interesting anecdote. My splits and times were faster with Atlas Titan over Staccato XL. Same ammo, shooter, day, and holster. I was just able to run it faster, so based on empirical data I think it would absolutely give an edge to a comparable shooter. But is said edge worth the price difference?
    For me, at $4000 for Titan and $3400 for Staccato XL it was well worth it, if not for the fit/finish/quality aspect alone.

I’m not sure what you mean about spending more tuning the gun or more on magazines though (as there have been zero issues with the gun and I run Sti gen 2 mags). As fas as service, I called Atlas about wanting to change my front sight thickness after running it for a season. Immediately I had a prepaid return label in my inbox, a few days later a return tracking number. Not sure how Staccato offers better service, but I have heard some complaints on different forums about their customer service and warranty fwiw.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 09-26-21 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Interesting anecdote. My splits and times were faster with Atlas Titan over Staccato XL. Same ammo, shooter, day, and holster. I was just able to run it faster, so based on empirical data I think it would absolutely give an edge to a comparable shooter. But is said edge worth the price difference?
    For me, at $4000 for Titan and $3400 for Staccato XL it was well worth it, if not for the fit/finish/quality aspect alone.

I’m not sure what you mean about spending more tuning the gun or more on magazines though (as there have been zero issues with the gun and I run Sti gen 2 mags). As fas as service, I called Atlas about wanting to change my front sight thickness after running it for a season. Immediately I had a prepaid return label in my inbox, a few days later a return tracking number. Not sure how Staccato offers better service, but I have heard some complaints on different forums about their customer service and warranty fwiw.
    We are both very small sample sizes. Out of curiosity, how much faster were your splits?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    We are both very small sample sizes. Out of curiosity, how much faster were your splits?
    Bill drills dropped from around 2.7ish with XL to 2.4ish with Titan. I don’t remember exact splits, I basically just ran a bunch of bill drills with different guns to see what yielded fastest times. Then the next day, same thing in reverse order to loosely rule out better times from more reps.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Bill drills dropped from around 2.7ish with XL to 2.4ish with Titan. I don’t remember exact splits, I basically just ran a bunch of bill drills with different guns to see what yielded fastest times. Then the next day, same thing in reverse order to loosely rule out better times from more reps.
    Yeah, that’s kind of my whole point, man.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yeah, that’s kind of my whole point, man.
    Diminishing returns I get it. But at only $400 more, one gun is flatter/quicker then the other. Not to mention, much higher quality. To me, $400 was a no brainer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123