Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
The last thing anyone needs to do is re-engineer one of the flattest shooting 9mm steel framed guns on the planet. Do that when you’re a GM getting beat by ported guns- it doesn’t happen.

I have no idea why anyone would buy a Triarc other than to look cool on the internet or the BBQ. Why would you wait 6+ months, deal with half assed customer service and support, and have a gun with a smaller support network should you need help?

I went Staccato. American sourced steel. Excellent support. I didn’t have to wait a long time. Delivered exactly as promised. The thing is a laser beam. In my opinion it is the tip of the spear right now in handgun technology- not that others aren’t also making 2011’s, but they aren’t doing it in mass, with the same level of QC and support.
Have you owned/shot any other 2011’s? I’m not trying to be pugnacious but I’d hardly call Staccato/Sti cutting edge or tip of the spear. They’re production guns and compared to Atlas, Infinity, and even Nighthawk it shows. Hell, they’re still using the same grip/design they’ve been using for last two decades. I’m not bashing them but merely voicing a different opinion to the pedestal your post appears to put them on. Hell I shoot a P regularly and while it’s a nice gun, it’s nothing to write home about nor does it shoot anywhere near as flat as comparable models. It’s been reliable for sure and I give them credit for mass marketing the 2011 platform and giving it a purpose outside of competition.