0 0%
  • BUL Armory SAS TAC Commander 9mm

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 suggestions

Feedback Score

2011 suggestions

I'm toying with the idea of getting a 2011, I've shot the Staccato P and it is a very nice gun but I'll be honest it didn't blow me away like the Triarc TRI11 commander I shot at one of their demo days. I've shot a STI DVC 3gun and I've shot a BUL Armory SAS II that was the smoothest gun I've shot, probably because it had 147gr bunny fart rounds while the other guns had 115gr FMJ rounds. I compete in 3gun/USPSA/2gun and part of me wants a full size government frame since that would be the most beneficial. I still enjoy running my 34 but I have been thinking about upgrading to a 2011. But at the same time I wouldn't mind getting a commander size gun to carry as well. I'm torn between getting a Staccato P and the TRI11. I know I can get a BUL for cheaper but they have proprietary mags so that is a downside.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Of your choices, no single gun will check all the boxes optimally.
    I have a couple STIs; a DVC P that’s a dedicated range/games Gun, and a Staccato P I mildly tricked out thats a sometimes carry gun.
    I would have a C2 for the carry gun, if they’d existed when I got the Staccato P; the C2 shoots and carries quite well.

My experience with TriArc is they are pretty inconsistent in terms of function/quality- at least a year ago.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I am not really considering the C2 just because I don't mind carrying a full size gun and whatever 2011 I get I will compete with it. If you don't mind my asking what were the problems with the Triarc? An old friend has one and he ran 5k rounds without cleaning it, he's had it for a while and a guy I used to compete with picked up their commander and it ran well for him. Maybe the pandemic and trying to rush orders out affected them?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Have you considered Atlas? Like you after years of Glock 34, I stepped up to a 2011 platform. I had the luxury of shooting some STI’s, Staccato XL, and an Atlas Hyperion back to back. I’m not knocking the other two, but the Atlas was lightyears ahead in fit/finish as well as the least muzzle/recoil. I went with a 9mm Atlas Titan and couldn’t be happier.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 09-12-21 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I am not really considering the C2 just because I don't mind carrying a full size gun and whatever 2011 I get I will compete with it. If you don't mind my asking what were the problems with the Triarc? An old friend has one and he ran 5k rounds without cleaning it, he's had it for a while and a guy I used to compete with picked up their commander and it ran well for him. Maybe the pandemic and trying to rush orders out affected them?
    Two of the guys that shoot with us had/have TriArc’s.
    Both have had difficulty in receiving return communication from TriArc on their respective issues.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Have you considered Atlas? Like you after years of Glock 34, I stepped up to a 2011 platform. I had the luxury of shooting some STI’s, Staccato XL, and an Atlas Hyperion back to back. I’m not knocking the other two, but the Atlas was lightyears ahead in fit/finish as well as the least muzzle/recoil. I went with a 9mm Atlas Titan and couldn’t be happier.
    I know Atlas is top notch but it’s out of my price range. I’m willing to sell a gun or two to help pay for a 2011 but an atlas would be selling off a bunch of them. If I was chasing being a GM then yes I would be about getting an atlas

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I know Atlas is top notch but it’s out of my price range. I’m willing to sell a gun or two to help pay for a 2011 but an atlas would be selling off a bunch of them. If I was chasing being a GM then yes I would be about getting an atlas
    I paid $3500 for Titan 9mm, not too far off from Tri-Arc govt I thought. Atlas has a pretty nice LE/mil discount if you inquire.

Feedback Score
    That's a good price for Atlas, I was hoping Triarc would extend their discount to the Centrifuge TRI11's for MIL like they did for the Centrifuge carbines but the pistols were LE only on discount. How are the Atlas guns in terms or reliability? are they picky like some other race guns?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you are in that price range, the Stacatto XE is crazy nice. It has the comp and shoots crazy flat. I love my P Duo but that comp is a game changer. They may have changed the model numbers so if Gaijin needs to correct me, please do so. He is our local Stacatto SME.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-14-21 at 10:37.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ( : Real close PB, it’s the XC.

Those guys change model designations way too often.
    A year ago the current XC was the DVC P, with minor cosmetic changes.

Hopefully their QC has improved under STACCATO.
    STI seemed to have barrel fit and extractor fit problems.
    Nothing that couldn’t be sorted out if you knew the 1911 system/format, but stuff that shouldn’t have gotten out of the shop for the price point.

(And I’m far from a SME re. Staccato’s PB, but I appreciate your vote of confidence.)

https://staccato2011.com/handguns/staccato-xc/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast