Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to aluminum CCI Blazer?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

What happened to aluminum CCI Blazer?

Aluminum CCI Blazer has become hard to find and more expensive than Blazer Brass. What's going on?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Google the price of aluminum.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I found $2900/T for aluminum, $9700/T for copper, and $3100/T for zinc. Given how much lighter an aluminum case is it should still be a fraction of the price of a brass one.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The price of aluminum has increased 40% this year. That’s the point. Not just price comparisons.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There is a LGS to me that has several cases of it at $439/ea. Said it was a contract over run. I bought 6 cases of blazer brass after Trump won for $200/ea….. I am going to wait a little longer to pick up more.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    It was getting hard to find in .45acp long before the aluminum price spike. I bought 500rds. back around Christmas 2018, from some little shop out in CO. Good price, but they were the ONLY ones who had 500rds in one spot!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    It was getting hard to find in .45acp long before the aluminum price spike. I bought 500rds. back around Christmas 2018, from some little shop out in CO. Good price, but they were the ONLY ones who had 500rds in one spot!
    Can't understand why anyone would want that aluminum case stuff.

Might be a tiny, tiny bit cheaper but cases are weak and if a guy was to reload it (I know a few that have) the reloads would be even weaker than what it came with new.

Even with mouse fart loads I can't see aluminum cases lasting more than a few cycles at best before splitting or having the primer pockets go south. No way on earth I would personally risk trying a full house load in one...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Can't understand why anyone would want that aluminum case stuff.

Might be a tiny, tiny bit cheaper but cases are weak and if a guy was to reload it (I know a few that have) the reloads would be even weaker than what it came with new.

Even with mouse fart loads I can't see aluminum cases lasting more than a few cycles at best before splitting or having the primer pockets go south. No way on earth I would personally risk trying a full house load in one...
    For the same reason as Russian ammo. Cheap and not everyone reloads

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Blazer was more reliable, cleaner, and full power. It was also available in .40 S&W.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I buy aluminum sheet several times a week. My supplier is one of the largest manufacturers for coil stock in the U.S. and the U.S. aluminum mills cannot produce fast enough to keep up with demand. One of the mills is almost caught up with my manufactures orders from last calendar year if that gives you an idea of how far behind they are. I have seen increases of 10% 6 of the last 7 months. It’s crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast