Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta 1301 With Crom and RMR: Patterning Federal Flite Control and Slugs

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I thought the massive stretch cavity of a slug also allowed some margin for shot placement. Incorrect, or at least not to the same degree as Flight Control?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not long ago I asked here about chokes with buckshot in the 1301. Info may prove useful.

1301 choke thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I thought the massive stretch cavity of a slug also allowed some margin for shot placement. Incorrect, or at least not to the same degree as Flight Control?
    Perhaps.

Slugs that miss will penetrate more material and harm an innocent easier than a missed charge of buckshot pellets. Just something else to consider.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I just did some comparisons at 30 feet and 25 yards with 8 and 9 pellet Flite control. And then I followed it up with Walmart Winchester Super X buckshot and the difference was amazing. At 30 feet the Flite Control is headshot accurate. At 25 yards it is paper plate sized. The Winchester Hobby Grade buckshot was basically pizza sized at 30 feet and essentially garbage at 25 yards. Food for thought. I will upload the video after I get a chance to edit it.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Here is some additional video. The difference between flite control and Winchester hunting buckshot is stunning. The spread at 25 yards is so big only one pellet hit a paper plate.

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123