Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 With Crom and RMR: Patterning Federal Flite Control and Slugs

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Beretta 1301 With Crom and RMR: Patterning Federal Flite Control and Slugs

I installed my Crom mount (with Haught mod) and a 6.5 MOA RMR I got for cheap. I got it zeroed at 50 Yards with Ranger Low Recoil Slugs and it patterned perfectly at 30 feet and still sub paper plate and dead on at 25 yards. This thing is DEFINITELY my favorite shotgun ever (finally, my old 870 has slipped to second). I actually had a previous version of this shotgun about 10 years ago and a benelli super 90 but this thing is amazing. Not only is it super fast, if feeds everything from fancy Buckshot to Wal Mart garbage gauge.

Be forewarned. I probably should edit this down but I am too lazy tonight. LOL

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Good for you. Shooting a hard recoiling long arm from bench or prone is NOT enjoyable.
    At least your Beretta is a gas gun.

My 1301 shoots the 00 Flight Control best with an IC choke. I was surprised how tight it was at 25 yds. Rio garbage 00 Buck was 5X the spread at same distance.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Love my 1301, and mine also like the Federal Flight Control 00 loads. Beretta hit it out of the park with these shotguns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My buddy juts bought one of these 1301's and they are supposed to be very nice. That Federal Flight control is good stuff.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Good for you. Shooting a hard recoiling long arm from bench or prone is NOT enjoyable.
    At least your Beretta is a gas gun.

My 1301 shoots the 00 Flight Control best with an IC choke. I was surprised how tight it was at 25 yds. Rio garbage 00 Buck was 5X the spread at same distance.

I actually just fired 5 shots of Rio 00 Buck "reduced recoil" and I can confirm it is nowhere near as good as the flite control. At 30 foot it took up the whole bottom half of the paper plate. Not quite 5x, but much worse. Still wouldn't want to get shot at with it, and it was cheap as hell.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I actually just fired 5 shots of Rio 00 Buck "reduced recoil" and I can confirm it is nowhere near as good as the flite control. At 30 foot it took up the whole bottom half of the paper plate. Not quite 5x, but much worse. Still wouldn't want to get shot at with it, and it was cheap as hell.
    It didn't feel "low recoil" to me.

Seemed like regular ol' buckshot with "low recoil" on the box.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^Same experience with Rio “Low Recoil”.

And at 25 yds I had 2 pellets completely off a full size IPSC target.
    The flight control load was 7” to 8” at that distance with same choke (IC).
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    It didn't feel "low recoil" to me.

Seemed like regular ol' buckshot with "low recoil" on the box.
    LOL. Totally agree.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My only critique is that you should fire at least 5 shot groups, better yet 10, to get an idea of what's actually going on. I have ALSO discovered that shotguns need muscle. You do not gently squeeze the trigger while stabilizing the gun. You deliberately pull the trigger while holding the gun like you're trying to give a bobcat a pill. This is because shotguns have low velocity ammunition, and long (relatively) barrels. They will actually move about 1/2" during the time the slug is in the barrel, under recoil. Muscle the gun hard, and it will be more consistent and shoot tighter groups by a notable amount. This is part of why I prefer to zero a shotgun while standing, holding it aggressively, at 50 yards. This will allow the most consistent compromise for a zero that will be as close as possible across all shooting positions.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Excellent advice!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    My only critique is that you should fire at least 5 shot groups, better yet 10, to get an idea of what's actually going on. I have ALSO discovered that shotguns need muscle. You do not gently squeeze the trigger while stabilizing the gun. You deliberately pull the trigger while holding the gun like you're trying to give a bobcat a pill. This is because shotguns have low velocity ammunition, and long (relatively) barrels. They will actually move about 1/2" during the time the slug is in the barrel, under recoil. Muscle the gun hard, and it will be more consistent and shoot tighter groups by a notable amount. This is part of why I prefer to zero a shotgun while standing, holding it aggressively, at 50 yards. This will allow the most consistent compromise for a zero that will be as close as possible across all shooting positions.

Christopher Columbus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast