Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T1 Market

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Aimpoint T1 Market

In the market for a new optic for my MK18. I was pretty set on the T2, but It looks like the used T1 market is pretty attractive. I can grab the T1's in the $500 range, lots of time with the mount. Any real reason to move to the T2 from the T1? I have an old H1 that's been bomb proof over the years so I really wanna stick with Aimpoint. I briefly considered the COMPM5, but that top battery compartment looks like a "weak" spot. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Feedback Score
    The last T2 I bought was less than $600. I waited for a sale at Euro. The T2 is a definite improvement. Well worth $600 over a used T1. But hell, the T1 just works. I have one I’ve been rocking for over a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The parallax on the Aimpoint T1 is pretty bad... Not quite as bad as on the Trijicon MRO, but it's sill bad. The parallax on the T2 is much improved compared to the T1.

So I'd wait for a sale on the T2, or maybe the COMP M5S.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 10-31-21 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Parallax is reportedly trash and it turns into a line if you put a magnifier behind it. Maybe the most overrated optic ever. At least the T2 fixed those faults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Aimpoint T1 Market

T2, H2 owner here.
    However, you’ll be fine with a T1. Nobody bitched about them until T2 came out.
    Understanding, if you’re like most, you’ll end up with a T2 anyway. Buy it used and cheap so you can get your money back out of the T1 when you’re ready to upgrade. FWIW, and as far as I’m concerned, and if you don’t run NV, much like T2 vs H2, in practical application, T1 is just H1 with black letters. But I’m sure a nerd who memorizes marketing material will arrive shortly to correct me. Can’t comment on dot shape. I have astigmatism.
    Good luck with your search Good Sir.
    Last edited by dan1612; 10-31-21 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Several T1s and T2s. Echo the same, dot on T1 is horrible behind magnification. Bikini cover sucks.

Never had any problems with zero on either model.

I run the 4MOA T1 on a Benelli M4 SBS at work. Solid. T2 on the rifle with 3x magnifier.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I try not to buy used optics these days. I just find the cost difference to be insignificant when you consider you're paying around 75% of new and getting no warranty.

The T1/H1's are good optics but if I were buying a micro today it would be a T2. I have an H1 that is a couple years old that I run with a magnifier on occasion and I don't experience the dot turning into a line or other weird shape. It's not perfectly round, but it's workable if you really like the option to run a magnifier. The parallax is real, but once you know it's there you can avoid it being a problem most of the time.

If the $500 price point is appealing to you, I would recommend giving consideration to the Aimpoint Pro, that's what I'm running on my MK18. I've come to the conclusion that I prefer the 30mm Aimpoints over the micros unless I'm really trying to save weight, like on my daughters rifles. For $445 you get a solid Aimpoint with a usable mount. I added a SKD riser to the factory mount to bring it up to 1.93" height, which is helpful for all day shooting with my neck problems. It has NV settings built in if you need them. I don't care for the big knob mount so I purchased the version with the LRP mount instead of the QRP.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Double tap...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robstercraw View Post
    I briefly considered the COMPM5, but that top battery compartment looks like a "weak" spot.
    Why would the top battery compartment be a weak spot? There's never been any durability concerns with the CompM4 even though it, too, has a top battery compartment; the CompM5 even is made of 7075 rather than 6061, so it is in theory physically more durable than the CompM4.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Why would the top battery compartment be a weak spot? There's never been any durability concerns with the CompM4 even though it, too, has a top battery compartment; the CompM5 even is made of 7075 rather than 6061, so it is in theory physically more durable than the CompM4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast