Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
I appreciate the info. I've already ordered more enbloc clips (25 per rifle should suffice, right?), a spring set, and an extra op rod spring from Orion 7. Gonna have to take a look at the bolt parts and springs. I have a firing pin and extractor in the cart already.

$650 for the Field Grade seems like a decent price for a shooter? Hopefully, some Service Grade Garands show up in the next 6 -12 months.
Yea 25 enblocs is good, after all ya pic them up 99.9% of the time anyway so you should be good with that. Having an op-rod spring is good for sure,I forget is this a CMP rifle, one you have had for a while, or did you pick it up local? If it's a CMP then the spring should almost be new or like new and in spec & they last a long time, the Orion one will serve you well if needed. Having the extra bolt parts is nice but again these rifles last and were designed well but just like for your AR rifles, having extra parts is reassuring to say the least, no matter what role the rifle plays, nobody wants a broken rifle and wants to wait for spare parts to show up,LOL ! Yea CMP is hit or miss for sure, I think they still have a decent amount of rifles but they just need to go through them bring them into spec and make them ready for sale. Unfortunately, CMP could be in the same dilemma that everyone else is, no one whats to work and they all just want to sit home! Keep me posted, sounds like it's coming together nicely!