Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Really Sucks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I have been taking a baby aspirin a day for decades: https://www.webmd.com/men/features/aspirin-day-not
    An enteric coated 81mg aspirin should do about the same and be safe stomach-wise for long-term use correct? Been taking one daily since I had my knees replaced in December of 2019 and never stopped.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 10-10-21 at 18:12.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    An enteric coated 81mg aspirin should do about the same and be safe stomach-wise for long-term use correct? Been taking one since I had my knees replaced in December of 2019 and never stopped.
    And take with a meal, and you should be GTG.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    An enteric coated 81mg aspirin should do about the same and be safe stomach-wise for long-term use correct? Been taking one daily since I had my knees replaced in December of 2019 and never stopped.
    I've been taking an 81mg aspirin for more than a few years since one of my croakers prescribed it when I turned 60. It won't cause any harm and beats prescription drugs.

I don't do Yoni's workout, he totes a rucksack a bit longer and a bit farther. I carry an 80 pound ruck up and down a hill behind the house for 20 minutes every day including days I feel under the weather.

The secret to life is to keep moving and keep breathing. The second part is critically important.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just about everyone in my family have had it but me. I was at my mother's house every day for the 2 weeks she was quarantined so I could get it and get on with it. But nothing. I have never had the flu either. Been this way my whole life. Everyone around me will get sick but I never do. The only thing I have ever had was the pox when I was 7yo.

I have a feeling if I do get it now I will probably end up dead.

Feedback Score
    Latest medical update my ALT levels 2 weeks ago was 71, it should be 41 and lower. My pre Covid levels a year ago was 18.

Gave blood yesterday and my current ALT level is 42, so it is coming down and a sign that I have no liver damage from the chicom bio weapon.
    Last edited by yoni; 10-13-21 at 18:10.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I've been taking an 81mg aspirin for more than a few years since one of my croakers prescribed it when I turned 60. It won't cause any harm and beats prescription drugs.

I don't do Yoni's workout, he totes a rucksack a bit longer and a bit farther. I carry an 80 pound ruck up and down a hill behind the house for 20 minutes every day including days I feel under the weather.

The secret to life is to keep moving and keep breathing. The second part is critically important.
    Speaking of aspirin:

Aspirin Use is Associated with Decreased Mortality in Patients with COVID-19: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis

ABSTRACT

Background Novel Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) has resulted in more than three and half million deaths worldwide as of June 6, 2021. The role of aspirin in prevention of COVID-19 mortality has not been much studied. We aimed to study the relationship between aspirin use and covid-19 mortality.

Methods We searched PubMed, MEDLINE, EMBASE, and Cochrane database for studies from January 2019 till June 6, 2021 with inclusion criteria of RCT, Cohort study, studies reporting mortality, and comparison studies on aspirin versus non-aspirin. Statistical analysis was done with Review Manager 5.4 statistical software using the inverse variance method. We assessed the pooled hazard ratio (HR), and 95% confidence interval using the random effect model and I-squared test was used to determine statistical heterogeneity.

Results We included five retrospective cohort studies which met our inclusion criteria with total of 14065 participants in both groups. There were 6797 participants in the aspirin group and 7268 participants in the non-aspirin group. Our results show that the use of aspirin was associated with 53% decrease in mortality compared to non-aspirin in patients with COVID-19 (adjusted HR 0.47, 95% CI 0.35-0.63, P< 0.001, I2= 47%). In the analysis restricted to patients hospitalized for COVID-19, the use of aspirin was associated with a 49% reduction in the risk for in-hospital mortality (adjusted HR 0.51, 95% CI 0.33-0.80, P = 0.004, I2= 39%).

Conclusions Our results show that aspirin is associated with decrease in both overall mortality and in-hospital mortality in patients with COVID-19.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....08.21260236v1
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good stuff Will.

Thank you.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Latest medical update my ALT levels 2 weeks ago was 71, it should be 71 and lower. My pre Covid levels a year ago was 18.

Gave blood yesterday and my current ALT level is 42, so it is coming down and a sign that I have no liver damage from the chicom bio weapon.
    God bless and take care!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My sense of smell still doesn't work worth a damn after my bout with the chicom bio weapon.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    My sense of smell still doesn't work worth a damn after my bout with the chicom bio weapon.
    As I have stated, I never had any real covid symptoms.

However post covid, a friend opened a $200 bottle of single malt and it tasted like chemicals to me. I eat hot spicy food all the time, after I got out of the hospital one morning I wanted eggs for breakfast.I never not even once had eaten ketchup on eggs, but that morning I wanted ketchup. Heinz ketchup burned my mouth like a ghost pepper. Coffee tasted like the contents of a porta potty.

That all is behind me, after I went back on Ivermectin for long covid.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast