Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Covid Really Sucks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    It requires a script as well as a doctor professing you have a diagnosis of the given conditions. The list is over 65, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, COPD, and a few others.

Most doses are allocated to infusion centers that got a rushed certification. As far as I know, they aren’t being given in doctor’s offices.

Like said above, if you have the $$$ or know somebody, you’ll get it regardless, but you need a referral. But many truly aren’t qualified. I got a dose, supposedly the last dose allocated for the day, and I got it based on the good buddy network. The pharmacist responsible for allocating was a colleague and he made sure I qualified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is Rendezovir (sp?) The same thing?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Covid Really Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Is Rendezovir (sp?) The same thing?

Remdesivir is an antiviral drug that mimics antibodies, vs actual harvested antibodies.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited by mRad; 11-25-21 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Remdesivir is an antiviral drug and monoclonal antibodies is an actual antibody infusion…think of it as a blood transfusion of only immune cells from a recovered patient.

Gotcha. My aunt went to the hospital a week ago after having high temperature for almost a week. They gave her Remdesivir and that seemed to have worked. Whatever it did it took of the temperature permanently. She's still recovering but much better now

Feedback Score

Covid Really Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Gotcha. My aunt went to the hospital a week ago after having high temperature for almost a week. They gave her Remdesivir and that seemed to have worked. Whatever it did it took of the temperature permanently. She's still recovering but much better now

I need to make a clarification though, I didn’t explain it 100% accurately. Think of remdesivir as synthetically-produced monoclonal antibodies made in a lab so you’re right to think of them as same/same. And yes, it’s quite effective, I’m glad she was able to get the infusion.

Last edited by mRad; 11-25-21 at 13:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gotcha

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314