Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Really Sucks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Just an update, so others that have "long covid" can share knowledge.

Still don't have normal energy, but I am walking or doing a workout 6 days a week. Now workout is about 12 to 15 minutes with the lightest resistance band, and I am smoked at the end. I also go out for a walk that is about that same 15 minute time frame, also smoked at the end.

Last night had the worse covid headache so far.

But strength is coming back just very slowly.

So everyone that is in the same boat, just keep pushing forward.
    was hoping to hear from ya feel better and prayers with ya

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    On the mend here, so think I can get the timeline right on progression.

Added B12, D, Zinc, and a baby aspirin in to the daily mix once there was a positive test.

Our son seems to have likely contracted it at school and was the first to present a symptom on a Monday evening with a headache that continued until slightly after he woke up the next morning which didn't click with us as anything other than a headache. Has had some coughing since then, but not even sure of it being related.

Wife began experiencing symptoms(low fever, stuffiness, cough) 2 evenings later(Wednesday) that initially seemed to be sinus related. Thursday morning came the positive test. After that the cough progressed along with lethargy and just about total loss of smell for a week. Can't recall the exact temp, but don't think it hit 102 and her SpO2 stayed high 90s.

Son(no symptoms by then other than iffy cough) tested positive Thursday afternoon while mine was negative.

I started coughing within a couple hours of taking the test and had a full on cough and dead tired with a low grade fever by Friday morning. Talked to our family Doc about what was going on and what was likely my first case of this in February 2020 that was mild.

During the next week son fine, wife SpO2 was up(cough,Tired, low fever).

Over the next week I had a lack of energy, coughing, and a low fever(which oddly made me feel like a high fever...very hot and touch was irritating....same scenario in Feb. 2020), but my Sp02 began dropping. By Friday morning it dipped in to the low 80s/ occasional upper 70s so off to the ER. Venous/arterial blood draws and X rays(can't recall if lung CT scan was that Friday or the rest of the story), but was given the option of home oxygen(3.5-5LPM) or getting admitted so I took the home oxygen option.

By next day the home O2 wasn't working so back to ER(same tests as the day before, as mentioned I can't recall which day the lung CT scan was done on) then was placed in a covid ICU ward on high volume 02(not sure what the highest was while in, but do recall seeing 80% at 35lpm early on) at least partially on a bipap set up. Started IV antibiotics and an oral steroid at that point along with breathing treatments. Oddly enough, my first temperature check in ICU was 103, but no irritated skin or feeling hot/crappy....this case and my likley earlier one were totally the opposite of any other time in my life when I have hit close to 100 or above).

Stayed in ICU 8 days with double pneumonia until the O2 gradually got dropped(by docs and nurses) to 60%/35lpm which got me moved to a non ICU room on a Sunday night where(oddly to me) the O2 got bumped to 70%/35lpm with no mention to me as had occurred with every O2 drop they gave me. The docs who visited me in the first 2 mornings kept mentioning trying to lower it, but never did the first drop.

The high volume O2 only had an @ 6' hose, but in ICU the toilet was beside the bed so workable. Regular room had a regular bath 10'+ too far away so was given a urinal jug upon arrival. By Tuesday I needed the bathroom so dropped the cannula and slowly made my way to the bathroom which was an easy trip there, but wobbly on the way back. Later Tuesday I needed to again so wisely called a nurse who I finally cajoled in to rigging me up on their wall O2 with a long enough hose with the promise I would hook back to the high volume as soon as I got back in bed, which I accomplished with no issues.

Wednesday ended up being an identical bathroom need situation debate with finally getting the wall O2 again. Finished my business and was sitting down about to switch back to high volume when a nurse almost ran in and told me not to switch since my O2 had stayed up fairly well while I was and she was going to go confer. After that I stayed low volume till discharge 2 days later on Friday morning.

Saturday afternoon(@ 28 hours after discharge) I had some heavy coughing that resulted in spit up blood a long with O2 drops when standing so ER had me come back in Saturday night. Vein/artery draws and a lung ct scan ruling out a clot sent me home along with steroids. Finally starting to drop home O2 the last few days.

Only advice I can think of is to check Sp02 levels and try to stay active. I was tired week 1, so laying down far more than normal, but not 24/7 so unsure if being up more would have prevented the pneumonia or not.

Also, find out about options in your area before you get sick. Our local hospital seems to be locked in to the official preplanned program based on my experience and a family friend who ended up dying on a vent earlier in the year being denied hydroxychloriquin and the other possible treatments at the time. I was made aware a hospital in an adjoining county was doing infusion therapy, but knew no other details such as how to get it and how long it could be done. I would likely have been within the window either on the 1st ER visit or the day of admittance, but not a peep from anyone treating me. That is an irritating issue(particularly combined with the details on the family friend dying) since 2 weekends later I was immediately informed that I would likely have to be transferred to another facility if admitted due to "bed shortage" which is actually an under staffing issue.
    also good to hear and same prayers thoughts
    last paragraph is wise stuff
    Last edited by Honu; 09-26-21 at 11:41.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    We lost a county officer yesterday too it. Mid 30s good shape. He has been in the hospital with it for 3 weeks.

One of my best friends from another department was admitted to the Hospital with it also. COVID pneumonia and liver and kidney damage due to the dehydration, etc.

He has been one of the “it is just a cold” types and is really regretting that now. We have been texting and hopefully he recovers quickly.

But our local departments have taken a beating from it. We are a small area with a few small departments serving a rural are. With Wayne passing yesterday that puts at 5 deaths and a number still unrecovered for duty after a few months.

It really is no joke.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    We lost a county officer yesterday too it. Mid 30s good shape. He has been in the hospital with it for 3 weeks.

One of my best friends from another department was admitted to the Hospital with it also. COVID pneumonia and liver and kidney damage due to the dehydration, etc.

He has been one of the “it is just a cold” types and is really regretting that now. We have been texting and hopefully he recovers quickly.

But our local departments have taken a beating from it. We are a small area with a few small departments serving a rural are. With Wayne passing yesterday that puts at 5 deaths and a number still unrecovered for duty after a few months.

It really is no joke.
    Hope your buddy kicks it and the complications.

I get where your buddy is coming from because it is frequently not much like what I assume I caught in early 2020(and doctor assumes as well) on down to nothing. I also had a very protective Mom who would take me to the Dr. very quick as a child. In infancy that saved me a few times, but as I got older I ended up with flu and crap of that sort a few days to a week after sitting in the lobby beside people with flu while I had some variation of sniffles so I got very in to not going for trivial stuff.

That being said, I would have likely been screwed had it not been for the wife because I was definitely not at the top of my game within a few days in to it and was barely functioning by the time we went to the ER. Been hearing "brain fog" in the fear version stories, but if that is what happened to me then it seems to really be oxygen saturation dropping too low to think.

I can't say this enough, have back up plan options in place while well. If you get it and it goes bad, you won't be thinking or researching like normal and your local pros may not be interested in doing (or even sharing info on) options they don't do at their facility.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-27-21 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    I am sure if I had got PCR tested 4 days earlier, I would have been cured in no more than 3 days due to Ivermectin protocol. This would have kept me from the 2 days where my condition was touch and go.

My attitude has changed greatly. The fact that 99.5% of my demographic survives covid, doesn't mean this crap will not kill you. I am still anti covid vax, but if you don't feel good get tested and if it is positive get on the Ivermectine protocol. Remember I had ZERO Covid symptoms, but I still almost died due to being so sick.

Also does anyone know if the monoclonal treatment help with long covid? I don't know since with the PCR test I came back with no covid found.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post

It really is no joke.
    Which is odd because in my office, where everyone is mostly older, and in very poor shape (very high BMI) everyone has had it and most didn’t realize it. Hell one guy is about 350lbs, and just had a quadruple bypass. Diagnosed with Covid before he was even released from hospital but had no reaction to it.
    I’m the youngest and in best shape and somehow have managed to avoid it. At least I think so, I’ve never been tested. Never had any real symptoms.
    That’s one of the big reasons I have a hard time buying into any of this-it’s so inconsistent.
    But I sure as heck don’t trust the government.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    Which is odd because in my office, where everyone is mostly older, and in very poor shape (very high BMI) everyone has had it and most didn’t realize it. Hell one guy is about 350lbs, and just had a quadruple bypass. Diagnosed with Covid before he was even released from hospital but had no reaction to it.
    I’m the youngest and in best shape and somehow have managed to avoid it. At least I think so, I’ve never been tested. Never had any real symptoms.
    That’s one of the big reasons I have a hard time buying into any of this-it’s so inconsistent.
    We have a lot of relatively sedentary work and workers in their 40s and older. Thank God, but so far we have only lost one person to Covid and that was in the beginning of last year. Covid makes zero sense.

I hope you continue to improve, Yoni!

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am sure if I had got PCR tested 4 days earlier, I would have been cured in no more than 3 days due to Ivermectin protocol. This would have kept me from the 2 days where my condition was touch and go.

My attitude has changed greatly. The fact that 99.5% of my demographic survives covid, doesn't mean this crap will not kill you. I am still anti covid vax, but if you don't feel good get tested and if it is positive get on the Ivermectine protocol. Remember I had ZERO Covid symptoms, but I still almost died due to being so sick.

Also does anyone know if the monoclonal treatment help with long covid? I don't know since with the PCR test I came back with no covid found.
    From what I have read on the infusion it is limited to about 10 days from start(and closer to the start the better) while 11 or more it starts losing efficacy fast.

I am very glad you caught it somewhere they aren't afraid to try to knock it out and did it fairly quick.

Was starting to have a change of heart on the vaccine when getting admitted, but as this built up while in I was hearing of several vaccinated locals getting sick with mild symptoms(which the story line is now including) on up to as severe as what I have(that is just about a verboten topic) so there is a very debatable potential risk versus reward line there in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Before I got sick, I had issues with the vaccines. About 4 to 5 weeks ago the breakdown for seriously sick people in hospital in Israel was around 60% had been stuck twice, it was like 10% had one jab and 30% were unjabbed.

I don't know what the current situation is, other than the Israeli government is now saying anything less than 4 jabs is not full immunization.

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF them. The question is how big was the payoff to Israeli government officials?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    To me that is the crazy thing about it. Another friend of mine got it early in the year. He was down for weeks with it. Early 40s, good physical shape, Overall very healthy. They had to take him to the hospital twice. Although to be fair he can be a real manbaby about illness so……

His mom is in terrible health, on dialysis, and barely has a functioning heart. She got it and just felt a bit more tired than normal for a couple days.

It seems to affect everyone so differently. I am glad your office has been spared the worst of it. My Brokerage has had a couple cases but nothing major. Our police and EMS have been the hardest hit around here.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast