Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Really Sucks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I don't know what the current situation is, other than the Israeli government is now saying anything less than 4 jabs is not full immunization.

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF them. The question is how big was the payoff to Israeli government officials?
    That crap will be biannual before long (if not more).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    That crap will be biannual before long (if not more).
    This. This bug is going to be at least an annual booster like the flu shots we are already getting. Most likely it will be a spring and fall thing. It’s going to make sone folks sone serious money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    This. This bug is going to be at least an annual booster like the flu shots we are already getting. Most likely it will be a spring and fall thing. It’s going to make sone folks sone serious money.
    Those drug companies and their profits (they have no liability for anything harmful / adverse their stuff does) mean nothing. This is about control.

At the Obama birthday party videos that got out - Who were wearing masks and who were not?

Rules for thee but not for me...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Those drug companies and their profits (they have no liability for anything harmful / adverse their stuff does) mean nothing. This is about control.

At the Obama birthday party videos that got out - Who were wearing masks and who were not?

Rules for thee but not for me...
    It's not even about "Rules", if they were truely worried, they simply wouldn't do it, they wouldn't not wear a mask, they wouldn't, not get a vaccination and they would social distance.
    If they aren't worried about it, think about it....They obviously are more informed than we are..
    Why should you worry about it?

Feedback Score

Covid Really Sucks

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/m...strictions-end

Meanwhile the Nordic Countries are putting the rest of us to shame.

“Norwegians took to the streets over the weekend to celebrate an end to the country’s CCP virus restrictions after government-imposed measures limited people’s social interactions for about 18 months.”

Edit to add - Not that the every day American would even know other country’s .gov are rolling back the draconian rules we’ve been forced to live under.

Fox News top story on their online platform right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tgizzard; 09-28-21 at 05:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Goal post moved again.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-booster-shot/

"Q How many — how many Americans need to be vaccinated for us to go back to normal? Like what is the percentage of total vaccinations that have to be deployed?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I think — look, I think we get the vast majority — like is going on in so many — some industries and some schools — 96, 97, 98 percent. I think we’re getting awful close. But I’m not the scientist. "

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    It's not even about "Rules", if they were truely worried, they simply wouldn't do it, they wouldn't not wear a mask, they wouldn't, not get a vaccination and they would social distance.
    If they aren't worried about it, think about it....They obviously are more informed than we are..
    Why should you worry about it?
    When this first kicked off I gave it/them the benefit of the doubt everything was mostly on the level till the duplicitous crap started coming out.

That was also around the time my initial "oh crap" wore off and I finally started actually thinking about filter capability vs. virus size.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-28-21 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Went in for the first follow up with my GP today and while I am not 100% yet everything is at least on regular schedule if not slightly ahead.

First thing(that also affects my figure out a plan ahead of getting sick advice) the Dr. was going over the meds given to me in the hospital and got to a part that said something about anti-virals were not given and finished reading in kind of a questioning tone, then said oh. Below that was the reason which was due to the low blood oxygen level I showed up with. I told him that made me feel better since I had learned while in the hospital 9 days or less since beginning of symptoms(I first went in at 7 days do that info caused a WTF) worked fine for the infusion while 11 or more was progressively more useless to try it.

So, if you get it, keep an eye on the calendar and on blood oxygen levels to keep possibilities open.

I should have added pulse oximeter to my earlier recommendation too. I never really felt bad with other illnesses in my life such as flu being much worse, but once the pneumonia kicked in the blood oxygen dropped fast. Without the oximeter and a wife paying attention I would have likely stayed home till blacking out and whatever happened after that. I assume that was similar to CO poisoning or cabin pressure loss and you don't notice it's happening till you finally drift off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Went in for the first follow up with my GP today and while I am not 100% yet everything is at least on regular schedule if not slightly ahead.

First thing(that also affects my figure out a plan ahead of getting sick advice) the Dr. was going over the meds given to me in the hospital and got to a part that said something about anti-virals were not given and finished reading in kind of a questioning tone, then said oh. Below that was the reason which was due to the low blood oxygen level I showed up with. I told him that made me feel better since I had learned while in the hospital 9 days or less since beginning of symptoms(I first went in at 7 days do that info caused a WTF) worked fine for the infusion while 11 or more was progressively more useless to try it.

So, if you get it, keep an eye on the calendar and on blood oxygen levels to keep possibilities open.

I should have added pulse oximeter to my earlier recommendation too. I never really felt bad with other illnesses in my life such as flu being much worse, but once the pneumonia kicked in the blood oxygen dropped fast. Without the oximeter and a wife paying attention I would have likely stayed home till blacking out and whatever happened after that. I assume that was similar to CO poisoning or cabin pressure loss and you don't notice it's happening till you finally drift off.
    What my recommendation to you would have been was "Get the monoclonal antibody infusion". Optimally it needs to be done within 10 days (some say 7, but the earlier the better). You mention an "infusion" so is that what it was?

One could ponder why do some younger, relatively healthy people get pole-axed by COVID? It's that "window of opportunity" for things like the monoclonal antibodies. You're younger, you are in decent shape, and you've just felt like crap for a week or so and it isn't going away. No biggie, right? Screw it, I'll deal with it. If it's COVID that shit CAN (not always or even most of the time) put you in a heap of trouble. COVID pneumonia, or that plus a superimposed bacterial pneumonia is where the fatalities are coming from, i.e. you can't breathe, namely the oxygenation part.

My advice, if you don't want the vaccine (I've had the jab and I'd sure as hell be asking about it), make sure you get prompt attention and start inquiring about monoclonal antibodies if you don't shake it in *maybe* 4 or 5 days tops. Most Regeneron infusions are done by appointment, so in all likelihood you ain't gonna get it that day, probably not even the next. Keep that in your time frame estimation.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    What my recommendation to you would have been was "Get the monoclonal antibody infusion". Optimally it needs to be done within 10 days (some say 7, but the earlier the better). You mention an "infusion" so is that what it was?

One could ponder why do some younger, relatively healthy people get pole-axed by COVID? It's that "window of opportunity" for things like the monoclonal antibodies. You're younger, you are in decent shape, and you've just felt like crap for a week or so and it isn't going away. No biggie, right? Screw it, I'll deal with it. If it's COVID that shit CAN (not always or even most of the time) put you in a heap of trouble. COVID pneumonia, or that plus a superimposed bacterial pneumonia is where the fatalities are coming from, i.e. you can't breathe, namely the oxygenation part.

My advice, if you don't want the vaccine (I've had the jab and I'd sure as hell be asking about it), make sure you get prompt attention and start inquiring about monoclonal antibodies if you don't shake it in *maybe* 4 or 5 days tops. Most Regeneron infusions are done by appointment, so in all likelihood you ain't gonna get it that day, probably not even the next. Keep that in your time frame estimation.
    Yes the monoclonal antibody infusion is what I am referring to.

Mentioned before that I likely had this in early 2020, now based on same initial symptoms and progression. If anything, the coughing was more severe on round 1, but still not as bad as flu I had when in high school.

If pneumonia had hit out of the blue that time like this did I would have likely been toast since no oximeter, no info at the time on this, and home alone during the daytime.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast