Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monoclonal Antibody Infusion availability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    This is just an experimental treatment from big pharma to cash in at over $2,100 a dose. You don’t need any of this if you are healthy because the survival rate of covid is like 99.9% anyway unless you’re obese, in which case get to exercising and eating your vegetables. You guys fell for this one hook line and sinker if you don’t think it’s just lining the wallets of politicians who are buddy buddy with Regeneron.
    Maybe you should educate yourself and STFU about things of which you have no knowledge. Keep your holier-than-thou bullshit to yourself. You have a reputation here, and it ain't a good one.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 09-16-21 at 17:21.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    At this point there is no convincing me that Biden and the people calling the shots are nothing but pure evil. They’d rather watch people die because those people found a different option than the one offered to them by the establishment.

That goes for all the little rabbib followers too. Pure evil.
    That very questionable decision would lead me to hope I'd be on the jury of someone who had a loved-one denied that treatment and subsequently died and decided they would seek their own revenge, just like those illegitimate, fraudulent, g-damn Democrats are doing.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Maybe you should educate yourself and STFU about things of which you have no knowledge. Keep your holier-than-thou bullshit to yourself. You have a reputation here, and it ain't a good one.
    So you’re telling me you can’t see the mental gymnastics this takes? All the anti vaccine talking points around here are the EXACT same as this treatment except more so. It costs more money, is less studied, is under emergency use authorization, etc yet the same people who are in here yelling about it possibly not being available use those same arguments against the vaccines.

It’s hilarious that people like you, who actually have seen what covid does, come at me like I’m some troll with a holier than thou attitude when people post blatantly false conspiracy bullshit and you remain silent. Maybe if more people stood up to the dumbass conspiracy theorists taking over the Republican Party that post nothing but made up propaganda the Democrats wouldn’t be in line to win all the important elections. Maybe you haven’t noticed but the people who used to post here back in the day that had really good reputations have left because of the dipshittery that has taken over. Your silence is deafening.
    Last edited by Life's a Hillary; 09-16-21 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    LOL monoclonal antibodies actually work. The vaccines prevent severe illness we are told, but I keep seeing “breakthrough” infections. Are they really “breakthrough” when they are 3/4 the infections you see clinically?

I’m so tired of the conspiracy crap. One side thinks I’m the devil because I value freedom over “safety” while the other side thinks I’m a shill who is part of a grand conspiracy to pad the pockets of big Pharma.

Since everybody is an expert, I guess they don’t need professionals or hospitals anymore. Treat yourselves at home since you’re all so smart. I literally had one come through yesterday that said, “I know you can’t tell me because you’ll lose you’re job, but I know COVID isn’t real…”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So you’re telling me you can’t see the mental gymnastics this takes? All the anti vaccine talking points around here are the EXACT same as this treatment except more so. It costs more money, is less studied, is under emergency use authorization, etc yet the same people who are in here yelling about it possibly not being available use those same arguments against the vaccines.

It’s hilarious that people like you, who actually have seen what covid does, come at me like I’m some troll with a holier than thou attitude when people post blatantly false conspiracy bullshit and you remain silent. Maybe if more people stood up to the dumbass conspiracy theorists taking over the Republican Party that post nothing but made up propaganda the Democrats wouldn’t be in line to win all the important elections. Maybe you haven’t noticed but the people who used to post here back in the day that had really good reputations have left because of the dipshittery that has taken over. Your silence is deafening.
    Well then, let me not be silent. I got the vaccine. I did it of my own free will, well before it was made mandatory for my job. I have a major issue, since it is shown that the vaccine "ain't all that and a bag of chips", with possibly being denied Regeneron if I do get sick because I live in a state that has low vaccination rates. In fact that Federal snobbery fvcking pisses me off. It is a jab in my eye because I live where I do.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    LOL monoclonal antibodies actually work. The vaccines prevent severe illness we are told, but I keep seeing “breakthrough” infections. Surely that can't be! Are they really “breakthrough” when they are 3/4 the infections you see clinically?

I’m so tired of the conspiracy crap. One side thinks I’m the devil because I value freedom over “safety” while the other side thinks I’m a shill who is part of a grand conspiracy to pad the pockets of big Pharma.

Since everybody is an expert, I guess they don’t need professionals or hospitals anymore. Treat yourselves at home since you’re all so smart. I literally had one come through yesterday that said, “I know you can’t tell me because you’ll lose you’re job, but I know COVID isn’t real…”.
    Within that approximately 10 day window it indeed does work pretty damn well......dare I say even more effectively than the jab.

I ain't baggin' on ya man. Some might be but I'm not among them.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    LOL monoclonal antibodies actually work. The vaccines prevent severe illness we are told, but I keep seeing “breakthrough” infections. Are they really “breakthrough” when they are 3/4 the infections you see clinically?

Obviously monoclonal antibody treatment works but it is incredibly expensive. It’s downright ignorant to say the vaccines don’t work. Of course, that depends on your definition of “works”. If you need it to prevent 100% of infections then sure, it doesn’t work. Neither does monoclonal antibody treatment though.

The rate at which the vaccines prevent infection is still high. It’s not as high as originally tested because it wasn’t tested on the delta variant. It’s not surprising when you have a far more contagious variant that it also comes with an increase in breakthrough infections. However, most of those breakthrough infections are mild and very few require hospitalization. I know it’s taboo around here to actually look at the data, because of course it’s all fake, but it doesn’t lie and those who are hospitalized and end up on vents are predominantly unvaccinated, to the point where it isn’t even close.

Do I care if you get vaccinated or not? Absolutely not, it doesn’t matter to me in the slightest. If you think it’s a grand conspiracy and would rather take a cocktail from quack doctors that are scamming people falling for conspiracy theories then have at it. Don’t come into the hospital and then ask for treatment though. Do your research and treat it yourself. I don’t want to have to deal with more people coming into the hospital saying they didn’t think covid was a big deal because they are “healthy” and end up taking an icu bed and resources that could be used for better purposes.

The fact that this is politicized at all is the stupidest thing I can even think of. Trump was the president who put in place the programs that developed the damn vaccines and Biden is president now who desperately needs to get this outbreak under control. If you think he’s hiding effective treatments because of big pharma or some other conspiracy you’re out of your mind. Hell, mRad, you’ve said it yourself that the common treatments in the hospital for COVID are cheap and off patent medicines but that doesn’t seem to get through to the people so jacked up on all their conspiracy theories.

Feedback Score
    Within that approximately 10 day window it indeed does work pretty damn well......dare I say even more effectively than the jab.

I ain't baggin' on ya man. Some might be but I'm not among them.
    You’re absolutely right. I’ve seen it work miracles on people. I’ve seen people see symptoms almost gone 24 hours after the infusion. It doesn’t do much good outside the window. The best results are within about five days to be honest.

Feedback Score
    Well then, let me not be silent. I got the vaccine. I did it of my own free will, well before it was made mandatory for my job. I have a major issue, since it is shown that the vaccine "ain't all that and a bag of chips", with possibly being denied Regeneron if I do get sick because I live in a state that has low vaccination rates. In fact that Federal snobbery fvcking pisses me off. It is a jab in my eye because I live where I do.
    And I agree with you! That is a terrible thing. The resources should go where they’re needed but it’s not surprising that we need more Regeneron in places with the lowest vaccination rates. Correlation doesn’t equal causation and all that but we have a lot more data than just correlation at this point.

Feedback Score
    Obviously monoclonal antibody treatment works but it is incredibly expensive. It’s downright ignorant to say the vaccines don’t work. Of course, that depends on your definition of “works”. If you need it to prevent 100% of infections then sure, it doesn’t work. Neither does monoclonal antibody treatment though.

The rate at which the vaccines prevent infection is still high. It’s not as high as originally tested because it wasn’t tested on the delta variant. It’s not surprising when you have a far more contagious variant that it also comes with an increase in breakthrough infections. However, most of those breakthrough infections are mild and very few require hospitalization. I know it’s taboo around here to actually look at the data, because of course it’s all fake, but it doesn’t lie and those who are hospitalized and end up on vents are predominantly unvaccinated, to the point where it isn’t even close.

Do I care if you get vaccinated or not? Absolutely not, it doesn’t matter to me in the slightest. If you think it’s a grand conspiracy and would rather take a cocktail from quack doctors that are scamming people falling for conspiracy theories then have at it. Don’t come into the hospital and then ask for treatment though. Do your research and treat it yourself. I don’t want to have to deal with more people coming into the hospital saying they didn’t think covid was a big deal because they are “healthy” and end up taking an icu bed and resources that could be used for better purposes.

The fact that this is politicized at all is the stupidest thing I can even think of. Trump was the president who put in place the programs that developed the damn vaccines and Biden is president now who desperately needs to get this outbreak under control. If you think he’s hiding effective treatments because of big pharma or some other conspiracy you’re out of your mind. Hell, mRad, you’ve said it yourself that the common treatments in the hospital for COVID are cheap and off patent medicines but that doesn’t seem to get through to the people so jacked up on all their conspiracy theories.
    You’re absolutely right, we use cheap common meds to treat COVID and they help quite a bit. I’ve even listed many of the common ones so people can look it up for themselves.

But at the same time, many of the patients needing admission I see are vaccinated—to the tune of 3/4. The vaccination rate for the population I serve is a bit over 70%. Fortunately, I haven’t had to admit any to an ICU; usually it’s progressive care or medical. So sure, the vaccine is hopefully saving the most at-risk and keeping them out of ICU beds. But I’m seeing very sick vaccinated people. And as most know, Delta hits people the hardest much later than the Alpha variant did.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast