Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele short stroking????

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    ...what ammo caused the problem.
    It's not the ammo.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree that if factory ammo was used, then that’s not the cause.

I’m surprised that Geissele didn’t provide an RMA, since it’s a factory gun that hasn’t been modified. It shouldn’t take long to perform a lock-back test, and if it fails, then that’s all Geissele should need to know. Swapping the DD bolt carrier group would be an easy test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Why it could go wrong... Because shit happens. I doubt "G" makes their own springs. Chances are good that they have the same source as Colt...
    Colt developed the spring design they use. If G is using Colt extractor springs, they have to buy them from Colt.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-16-21 at 22:08.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I’d also think is NOT the ammo…. It’s factory ammo and had NO issues when I ran on the 1st the run…. I will do a lock/back test soon I can.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Geissele's product page indicates that the gas block is pinned (bombproof installation), so I'm comfortable stating that a gas block mis-alignment didn't occur after it was in your posession.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamessdp115 View Post
    I’d also think is NOT the ammo…. It’s factory ammo and had NO issues when I ran on the 1st the run…. I will do a lock/back test soon I can.
    Thanks
    Factory from say federal or hornady…or factory from say freedom/lax? Have you at least tried different ammo since this incident…to rule that out? That is your easiest option, do these in the following order:

1. Look into upper receiver and check to make sure the gas tube isn’t damaged/obstructed, post a pic if need be
    2. Take your handguard off and post pic of gas block, check to see if loose
    3. Try different ammo to simply rule it out
    4. Try different bolt carrier group (yes your daniel defense is fine)

What state are you in? Perhaps someone can recommend armorer or gun store if you have difficulty with anything above.

Feedback Score
    Thanks “sidewaysil80…. I will do the following your recommendation 1,3, 4 soon. I’m not going take off the handrail til the geissele tech guy said “okay”…. I’m in the PNW(Oregon)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Identify the problem by isolating variables.
    Changing only one at a time.

Bolt, ammo, mags, gas system.

If I understand your explanation correctly, my mk18 would do something similar, unsuppressed with Barnaul, so my guess is ammo (since you still can’t say what you’re using) or the gas system.

As long as your troubleshooting skills are better than your grammar. If not, at least make sure it’s not mags or ammo and just ask for an RMA and let them sort out.

Feedback Score
    Ha! Can’t wait for an RMA!!

Dan1612…. How did you fix or solved your issue with MK18??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Geissele short stroking????

Quote Originally Posted by Jamessdp115 View Post
    Dan1612…. How did you fix or solved your issue with MK18??
    To run crap steel case lacquered ammo in a 0.070 unsuppressed Mk18 with a carbine spring and H2 buffer, you can drop the buffer weight to compensate for the lack of pressure, or you can suppress it, or run the type of ammo it was designed to run (mil 556).

Wait. You’ve got a 0.068 gas port with a Super 42 H3. I demand to know what kind of ammo you’re running. Watch it be PMC bronze. Lol
    Last edited by dan1612; 09-17-21 at 22:04.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast