Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Geissele short stroking????

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamessdp115 View Post
    DD bolt into “G”—-> fired/cycled/ejected & locked on all 3 different brands of ammos into 6 different set of mags…. NO Issues
    DD bolt, or DD bolt carrier group was swapped?

By swapping bolt carrier groups, the bolt, carrier (including gas key) cam pin, firing pin, and firing pin retainer were all swapped. I’m no math expert, but adding up these items doesn’t give me an answer of 1.

Feedback Score
    Oop… just the DD bolt switch into “G”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oop… just the DD bolt switch into “G”
    So you took the bolt out of the DD carrier and put into the Geissele carrier before inserting the carrier into the Geissele rifle? Or you took the entire DD bolt carrier and installed into the Geissele?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Took the entire DD bolt carrier(when you pulled out the charging handle, whole bolt) into “G”….everything worked.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Took the entire DD bolt carrier(when you pulled out the charging handle, whole bolt) into “G”….everything worked.
    Right. We're telling you to take the bolt out of the carrier and just swap the bolt only, not the whole bolt carrier group.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I think we’re beating a dead horse to satisfy our curiosity for exact cause of malfunction. While second nature to us, it seems swapping bolts is outside OP’s skill level. We narrowed down the issue and isolated it for him, Geissele is aware and offering to help, sounds like case closed for now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I think we’re beating a dead horse to satisfy our curiosity for exact cause of malfunction. While second nature to us, it seems swapping bolts is outside OP’s skill level. We narrowed down the issue and isolated it for him, Geissele is aware and offering to help, sounds like case closed for now.
    And we will never know for sure........ I still can't surmise what he did to solve the issue. Of if he solved the issue. I feel dumber for having participated in this discussion and apologize to my fellow forum members for even commenting here

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    Yes. With the entire BCG, but it could still be the gas key rather than the bolt itself. However, if I understand the malfunction correctly, it does seem to point to an extraction issue.

Easy to figure out. Stick the G bolt in the DD carrier and fire a few rounds.
    Dan1612—> give up the “gas” issue. It’s BCG!!
    Thanks for your inputs anyway.
    ����
    James, it's hard to translate your posts, they look like code on my screen. Dan makes a good point. I had one AR that started with short stroking and extraction issues. The upper was a test bed, so it also had an adjustable gas block.

After a very frustrating series of troubleshooting tests, the following problems were uncovered-
    - Gas block adjustment locking spring lost tension leading to the gas block adjustment constantly changing
    - Extractor spring failing leading to extraction issues
    - Piston rings completely worn
    - Gas key leaking where it mates to carrier
    - Gat tube worn were it fits in gas key

Each problem had to be identified and repaired individually. Each time one was fixed, the next reared its ugly head at test firing, starting the troubleshooting tree again. While it's possible the extractor spring solved your malfunction, it is cheap insurance to make sure there isn't another problem waiting in the wings.

James, if understand the gobble dee gook your posts show up as on my screen, you did the lock back check using a completely different carrier. What Dan is suggesting is, install the known good bolt (DD?) in the G carrier and perform a lock back check. Dan has made an excellent suggestion. Installing a known good bolt, you can test to see if there is a problem with the gas key of the G carrier.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-21-21 at 14:15.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    MistWolf…
    I did the final testing by installing DD bolt into “G”…..NO issues / function without any issues.
    Yesterday, the “ G” tech guy ordered the RMA and I’m send it out the Geissele today.
    Again, thanks for sticking with me

Feedback Score
    The Geissele replaced the REBCG due to the some tolerance stacking issue between the BCG and the upper. They are shipping my baby “G” back today.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast