Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele short stroking????

Feedback Score
    hMMM..., Why would a brand new Geiessel extractor spring goes WRONG...?? I am just a junior level on these AR kind of things.

so, the colt AR15A4 extractor spring will fit the SDP Geiessel/11.5/556??

Q. Why would a brand new Geiessele(SDP) AR extractor goes WRONG? Also, the Colt AR15A4 extractor spring fit the Geiessele?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamessdp115 View Post
    so, the colt AR15A4 extractor spring will fit the SDP Geiessel/11.5/556??
    Yes, the Colt or Sprinco extractor springs will fit just fine. Just make sure you install it correctly. Youtube is your friend here.

Q. Why would a brand new Geiessele(SDP) AR extractor goes WRONG? Also, the Colt AR15A4 extractor spring fit the Geiessele?
    It happens. I had a new upper from a very reputable manufacturer fail to extract once. I changed the extractor spring with a new BCM spring, and it never happened again.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    What ammo, specifically, are you using?

Feedback Score
    can't remember the ammo brand or type BUT it is 556/55G... i'd just ordered the Colt extractor spring, should be here ~ 7 or 9 days!!!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    can't remember the ammo brand or type BUT it is 556/55G... i'd just ordered the Colt extractor spring, should be here ~ 7 or 9 days!!!
    Was it reloaded ammo? Before ordering and replacing parts, I would throw another bolt carrier group in the gun and see if that fixes it. Then you can pass that on to Geissele and they look into your bolt (for example).
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 09-16-21 at 16:57.

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm. That’s good idea. I have a DD/M4, would that fit into geissele??

No, I didn’t not cleaned & lube the AR when I was shooting very 1st time…. It’s was my fault

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why it could go wrong... Because shit happens. I doubt "G" makes their own springs. Chances are good that they have the same source as Colt. The difference between a good rifle and a bad one is pretty much QC and customer service. Almost without exceptions AR parts are interchangeable between manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    Far as the customer service… the geissele tech guy told me to run few more tests with different ammo’s & mags…if they knows the answer, they should said, send it back and we will take care of it!!! BUT no!!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Far as the customer service… the geissele tech guy told me to run few more tests with different ammo’s & mags…if they knows the answer, they should said, send it back and we will take care of it!!! BUT no!!
    At some point they probably figured out you were not qualified to diagnose the problem. No offence but it doesn't sound like you are. Why would they tell you to send it back without trying what they advise if they think it is their problem? Not a lot of cred when you don't remember what ammo caused the problem.

Feedback Score
    I think that would be a fair statement… I’d already said that I am a junior on the AR field of expertises and that is why I would be on this kind of “net” networking to find out that I am going crazy!! 😎

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast