Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering a Pistol Optic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Considering a Pistol Optic

Hey folks...

I think I'm looking for a unicorn and maybe one of you could help with guidance.

I am considering a foray into pistol optics. I'm taking a class in May that's a mix of pistol/rifle work and if I can find what I'm looking for I want a pistol optic.

I want the T2 of pistol optics; rigged as hell, good battery life, and the ability to replace battery without optic removal. The RMR fits all the boxes but battery issue, and I think it's silly to have to re/confirm zero each and every time. The Delta Point Pro looks good, not sure if it's 'bomb proof' like the RMR but even if it is battery life is pretty poor. The ACRO looks alright... really just hit my radar.

What'cha think?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    IMO the Holosun 509T is the king of pistol red dots. (Although the acro P2 may take the crown)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSh3Ui44osU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ofx6BDmMyjA
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 09-16-21 at 10:12.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Hey folks...

I think I'm looking for a unicorn and maybe one of you could help with guidance.

I am considering a foray into pistol optics. I'm taking a class in May that's a mix of pistol/rifle work and if I can find what I'm looking for I want a pistol optic.

I want the T2 of pistol optics; rigged as hell, good battery life, and the ability to replace battery without optic removal. The RMR fits all the boxes but battery issue, and I think it's silly to have to re/confirm zero each and every time. The Delta Point Pro looks good, not sure if it's 'bomb proof' like the RMR but even if it is battery life is pretty poor. The ACRO looks alright... really just hit my radar.

What'cha think?
    ACRO P2 is supposed to have fixed the battery life of the first generation. Holosun 509t is worth a hard look too if you want to stay closed emitter. Holosun’s open emitter sights (407/507/508 series) have excellent reputations as well and now have side mount batteries. I’ve got a 407c on a Glock 34 that has had the snot beat out of it. Sitting right at 4k rounds and never gets turned off. I change the battery every six months just because I do that with all of my optics; it’s never died on me.

I will say the battery access on the RMR is an annoyance in 2021 but it’s not a dealbreaker, IMO; a good mill job essentially eliminates zero shift. While confirming zero is still best practice, I have one that I confirmed the first couple of times I changed the battery but don’t worry about now if I can’t get to the range immediately; it doesn’t shift.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    IMO the Holosun 509T is the king of pistol red dots. (Although the acro P2 may take the crown)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSh3Ui44osU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ofx6BDmMyjA
    This. Currently the 509T is my go to, but I definitely want to check out the Acro P2. It seems to be much improved over the original.

Feedback Score
    Besides the issue of reconfirming zero after removal of the RMR, also consider that any threadlocker will need time to cure again after the battery change if you want to be extra safe.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Hey folks...

What'cha think?
    The battery issue is overblown. I only replace mibe every 2 years.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the Acro P1 and agree the battery issue is overblown. The P2 looks even better yet.

Feedback Score
    I've been using the Holosun 507c with ACSS reticle in it for a few months. I dig it a lot. It just moved on to my new CZ P10f for competition use, but I am likely to do another one for my carry gun. It has a good reputation, the reticle is intuitive, and you can swap batteries through a door on the side.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I've been using the Holosun 507c with ACSS reticle in it for a few months. I dig it a lot. It just moved on to my new CZ P10f for competition use, but I am likely to do another one for my carry gun. It has a good reputation, the reticle is intuitive, and you can swap batteries through a door on the side.
    A buddy at the range has one of the ACSS and it is very nice. I ended with a 508T and the ACSS is definitely quicker to pick up initially.

All in all, watch Aaron Cowan/Sage Dynamics and pick something he is cool with and you should be set.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the insight. I never considered Holosuns. I know they are highly regarded but didn't see them on the level you experienced users have.

It looks like the 509T has a going price of around $300 - not too bad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast