Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Vulcan Machine works

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,821
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Vulcan Machine works

    I had my Sig Legion 226 tapped for an RMR. I said RMR but planned on using an SRO or Holosun, same foot print right? Well I tried to get my SRO on the gun but could only get one screw in correctly and the other was jacked up. It was like I had to torque the dot sideways to get the screw in. I got it in but it felt stripped but after fighting with it for such a long time, I said maybe one great screw and one OK, but both with locktite so hopefully I'm good. It came loose in 80 rounds.

    So, I said to myself, I asked for RMR so I should try the RMR. It barely fit but it fit. It was like the screws were pressing against the side of optic and barely went in, but they went in and went in tight. Very tight fit especially against the front of the slide. Maybe too tight or just the perfect fit, I don't know yet. Time will tell if it stays put.

    Anyway, I'm going to shoot it a while and get back to you fellows.




    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-17-21 at 13:17.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    4,665
    Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    PB, boy I hope it's the perfect fit. We've got a P320 in the stable that CHPWS did the RMR holes for and it ended up being a botched job. Nothing can be done about it now.

    I got so tired of trying to stick a quality optic on my P320's that I gave in this month and bought a few Glocks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,354
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It's a shame that the optic footprints aren't an industry standard but then these clowns wouldn't exist. Design them to have integrated post, no plates and top battery access, how hard can it be?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,821
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    It's a shame that the optic footprints aren't an industry standard but then these clowns wouldn't exist. Design them to have integrated post, no plates and top battery access, how hard can it be?
    Absolutely no shit. I mean really.

    Well my job didn’t work out. The optic was pressed against the front slide so hard, upon recoil the optic started pulling out. I guess if they removed few thousands off slide it would fit fine. I have not contacted them yet.



    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-20-21 at 17:32.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SOMD
    Posts
    886
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    PB, boy I hope it's the perfect fit. We've got a P320 in the stable that CHPWS did the RMR holes for and it ended up being a botched job. Nothing can be done about it now.
    Dang it, I hate to hear that. CHPWS make it right somehow? I have a high dollar 2011 that I want to send to CHPWS... and then I chicken out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,821
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I contacted Vulcan via email, was called back in 10 minutes. This was my previous experience as well. They said, the RMR's vary unit by unit and this is why it might be too tight. But send it in with optic and we will make it good. No hesitation.

    Off it goes. I love great customer service and hate piss poor service. This was good.

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    4,665
    Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Dang it, I hate to hear that. CHPWS make it right somehow? I have a high dollar 2011 that I want to send to CHPWS... and then I chicken out.
    No. They did not.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,354
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That good news, hope it makes it back ok!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    864
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Sucks that it didn't work out. I hope they take care of you.

    I honestly can't believe that holosun hasn't made a RDS to fit the romeo pro footprint. I definitely prefer holosun and trijicon over the Romeos, but for now I am just dealing with them on the guns that have them.

    Soli Deo Gloria

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,821
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Sucks that it didn't work out. I hope they take care of you.

    I honestly can't believe that holosun hasn't made a RDS to fit the romeo pro footprint. I definitely prefer holosun and trijicon over the Romeos, but for now I am just dealing with them on the guns that have them.

    Soli Deo Gloria
    I was dealing as well, but this optic kept dying on me. Sent my Romeo in to Sig, they said we tried to get it too fail, but couldn't. So they sent it back, I cant run that optic. I really didn't mind the Romeo on my Legion, but I need it to work.

    Its astonishing that gun Mfg dont double drill the slides. Imagine how popular that would be?

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •