Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the KAC RAS out of production or something?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Is the KAC RAS out of production or something?

I see RAS listing on the site here for 3 times their normal/historical price. I like running them and have them on a few guns, but I wouldn't run one at +/-$400.

The KAC Blems used to be like $250. ??
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I doubt that KAC will be making any more unless it is to fulfill a contract, Omaha Outdoors has some listed.

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/knights-armament-ras/
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    KAC has discontinued a lot of their legacy rails in recent months, but the drop in M4 RAS is still listed on their website.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cool. I don't need one this instant, just noticing the asking prices on them are silly high to where you'd be better off getting a premium FF.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I just got one from Brownells a few weeks ago, but they've been hard to find lately. I had them on notify at several places.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I get the sense that they're mimicking the Colt N4 stocks demand cycle... Where they're the out of style take off rail one day, and the hard to get retro build hot item the next.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The ebb and flow of what is currently "in" in the gun industry driving up price and availability never ceases to amaze me. There was a time they were everywhere on the used market for $100 or so for a salty RAS. I blame cloners.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    The ebb and flow of what is currently "in" in the gun industry driving up price and availability never ceases to amaze me. There was a time they were everywhere on the used market for $100 or so for a salty RAS. I blame cloners.

Aside from what was left in Astan, there should be a lot getting DRMO’d that should eventually show up again. I picked up a few extra of them at the M5 (M16a4) rail awhile back when they were dirt cheap. I expect at some point prices will start to spike, if they haven’t already.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Aside from what was left in Astan, there should be a lot getting DRMO’d that should eventually show up again. I picked up a few extra of them at the M5 (M16a4) rail awhile back when they were dirt cheap. I expect at some point prices will start to spike, if they haven’t already.
    Where does one go to purchase a DRMO’d rail?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Where does one go to purchase a DRMO’d rail?
    Depends

Could be on the EE if the LCpl that drove it to DRMO is able to keep it.

Or it could be at a retailer who buys them all if DLA Dispo. decides to sell them instead of destroying them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast