Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, what is the best TV series ever created?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

In your opinion, what is the best TV series ever created?

Doesn't matter what genre, or what the criteria are. Which TV series moved you the most?

I have to nominate The Wire. I've never seen something that was so plain yet so intricate at the same time.

If you haven't seen it, you owe it to yourself to watch all 5 seasons.

What is your favorite?

Jay

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gunsmoke , M*A*S*H and Miami Vice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Waaaaay before my time but "Get Smart" that show is HILARIOUS!!!! I have the complete box set. Another favourite is "In Living Colour". Lastly NCIS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    oops! I forgot Star Trek

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would say "24" BUT THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME!

M_P

Feedback Score

Vic Mackey is "The Mack"

For me, the series "The Shield" brought me back to watching television after all these years of a "numbness" I found in the stories and the characters that producers were putting on the screen. The premise of the "Strike Team" and all their faults reminded me of many of the people I work with and I've met over the years. The character of Vic Mackey was so real -- a guy that although he keeps wanting to do the right thing, in his heart, continues to keep digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole. It's grittiness and always on the edge texture kept me glued to every episode. I was never a Chikklis fan but after seeing the first season, I couldn't stop watching it and found myself watching 4-5 episodes in an evening. Even my wife got into it. What appealed to me the most was the way they handed out "street justice". A fantasy of course but in the world we live in, it's nice to be able to escape for several hours and fantasize about how we'd like the justice system to dispense "justice". Give it a watch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Office

Feedback Score
    It seems to have jumped the shark, but I'll nominate "The Simpsons" as a strong contender. "South Park" too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was a big fan of the remake of Battlestar Galactica, but I will admit that by the last couple of seasons I was kind of tired of watching man's weakness (love, hate, jealousy, addiction, etc.) always be his undoing. If I want to watch that shit I can look out the window or go for a drive, or invite the inlaws over.

Feedback Score
    Generation Kill. Be sure to watch the interviews that follow with the "real" Recon Marines and their imbedded reporter.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast