Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Honda Accord

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

2021 Honda Accord

I was wondering if any members here have experience with the above vehicle. I switched from Honda to Nissan back in 2015 and regretted it. Looking to upgrade my Altima and purchase a 2021 Honda LX Accord.

These vehicles have a 1.5 L turbo engine and a CVT transmission.

Supply is obviously bit low. I'll have to get on a waiting list for about six weeks. Buying a certified used one makes no sense. Price difference is minimal.

Feedback Score
    My personal opinion from 20 years in the automotive industry, you couldn’t pay me to own any vehicle with a CVT transmission. Now Honda “may” have gotten this one right but nobody has up to now in over 15 years. That’s my personal opinion though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The CVT is what makes me reluctant to trip the trigger on the purchase. The CVT in my 2015 Altima is total crap. It caused a class action lawsuit I was hoping Honda engineering was a bit better

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've had consistent bad luck with Honda, and mediocre luck with 1/1 of Nissans. I've owned 3 Hondas, my father owned 1 in the same time frame, 2/3 of mine and 1/1 of his were lemons, including my 2001 Accord EX.

Toyota has consistently good quality. If they make anything you like, in this class of car I'd buy Toyota. The Camry is fairly boring but it just works. After that I'd look at Ford and GM but concede their small cars aren't always that good. 3/3 of GM full size trucks have been great, and nearly flawless for me, easily the best vehicles I've owned from a quality, reliability and durability perspective.

Subaru also makes good cars, but I would only buy one if the AWD is useful to you. If you're in the south it's not really that useful, so basically a waste of money with potential future repair and maintenance costs.

Feedback Score
    Toyota Camry

We used to buy hondas, but my wife' 2019 CRV had issues
    NRA Life Member
    USPSA-IPSC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go Toyota. Honda isn't what it used to be.

Feedback Score
    Go with the Toyota Camry IMO as well. If I every buy a Honda it'll be a Type R w/ a manual.

Feedback Score
    I've had 7 or 8 Hondas in the past and 1 Toyota. All have been solid, not a 1 had any major issues. The wife drives a MDX now, what I consider a glorified Honda and loves it. I just sold my 20 Tacoma earlier this week. With 31k on it they paid me 2k less than I bought it for new. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either again. I have no experience with Nissan besides knowing the CVTs are junk in them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Most CVTs seem to be hit or miss. Honda, Subaru, Nissan, Toyota... If you're leasing or you typically don't hold on to new cars for a long time it doesn't matter. CVT can last 30k or 130k

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I appreciate the info. I was looking at a Camry but can't stand the look of the front end. Reminds me of a fish

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast