Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Honda Accord

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm not a fan of honda transmissions unless they are manual. Also, their new Earth Dreams engines are direct injection garbage. I wouldn't touch one and recommend you don't either. That's my honest opinion.

If you want a Honda, find one sans CVT and direct injection.

I'd steer clear of any car made by GM as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dont own a Honda but have a few newer models in the immediate family/friends circle. All have been very reliable vehicles. The only problem I can think of is my mother in laws CRV having the rear hatch button go out. The CVTs arent what you want if you are looking for a responsive sporty drive but for commuter cars they have been smooth, quiet, efficient, and reliable. The Nissan CVT was known to be bad.

If you are worried about the CVT, the Accord also comes with 2.0 liter turbo which is a detuned version of the Civic Type-R motor. That one comes with a regular type transmission and is supposed to be surprisingly quick.

Just an fyi, we recently bought my wife a 2022 Hyundai Pallisade and that has been an incredible car. If the Sonata has anywhere near the build quality of the Pallisade, it'll be a worthy contender.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Honda’s have been good to me, I would by another. My current stick shift Civic has 128k and still runs strong. The AC is pretty much hot breath but I don’t live in AZ. I would mind getting a suped up Civic R.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    CVT hater here. Got a 2015 Nissan rogue last year. Decent used car but didn't know what a CVT really was when I bought it for my daughter. I see Honda and Hyundai/KIA are really starting to use CVT. Not a fan and will never own another. Wife was looking at Hondas but I'm leaning towards the Acura ILX instead just to get away from the CVT.
    David

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    CVT hater here. Got a 2015 Nissan rogue last year. Decent used car but didn't know what a CVT really was when I bought it for my daughter. I see Honda and Hyundai/KIA are really starting to use CVT. Not a fan and will never own another. Wife was looking at Hondas but I'm leaning towards the Acura ILX instead just to get away from the CVT.
    David
    My sister bought a 14 Rouge new in 2014. It's served her well so so far so good but she still hasn't reached 100k. Maybe high 80s.

Hyundai does make traditional transmissions you just have to want that specific model. When I was looking for a car for my mom in the fall of 19 I was looking at the Hyundai Kona AWD. The 2.0 base model had a traditional automatic trans. The 1.6 turbo had the CVT. So they're out there, or at least were.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I appreciate the info. I was looking at a Camry but can't stand the look of the front end. Reminds me of a fish
    I’m in the same boat- Honda’s aren’t what they used to be- I’m looking a Mazdas too, along with Kia, the Koreans have really upped their hame.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They total pretty quick if rearended.....

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    CVTs aren’t what they used to be. Older CVTs were indeed terrible, New ones are extremely reliable however.
    Many older car people hate them. But it is like hating Automatic transmissions because the rob you of all your power.
    Sure it was true at one point. But not now.

As for the Accord, they are great cars. If I was to buy a mid sized sedan currently it would probably be a Toyota Camry though. The mid sized car market is shrinking quickly. Demand is way down as people shift to small crossovers.

Speaking of that, have you considered a crossover? I bought a Honda CRV last year and just traded it for a brand new RAV4 Hybrid last month. I can honestly say that I will never go back to a sedan again.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm an L1 Master Tech and I pushed everyone towards Honda for a long time.

Currently, I simply tell anyone who asks that everything offered by every manufacturer on the planet is a "throw away vehicle". Drive it, don't waste money on over maintenance and replace it. I don't even service my wife's vehicle since it's pointless. She goes to the dealer for some dimwit monkey to replace fluids. It's that absurd. Keep fluids in operating range and then throw the vehicle in the garbage after a few years.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 09-19-21 at 00:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Who buys sedans any more? What's the point? Mazda is the company to beat right now. Get a cx5 and call it a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast