Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Honda Accord

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I drove a CRV for 12 years. Great car. Currently they share the same transmission and engine as the Accord. I like having a trunk. I'm often driving back and forth to the range and have guns in the car. Like to keep things out of view.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I appreciate the info. I was looking at a Camry but can't stand the look of the front end. Reminds me of a fish
    true, but you can't see it from the drivers seat

NRA Life Member
    USPSA-IPSC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My in-laws drove their 2007 Camry up until a couple months ago when they purchased a new one. The only thing that ever failed on it was the speed sensor for the odometer. Sounded like it still shifted fine, just couldn’t see the speed. Instead of fixing it, they decided it was time for their “last car” and got another Camry with everything they could option out at the time.

Toyota across the board has treated me well.

01’ taco zero issues
    07’ tundra that I sold to my dad in 2014. Issues were valve cover gaskets leaking and that emmisions fan thing that should come on when it is either started or shut off. Replaced under warranty or recall.
    14’ tundra. Only issue is the fuel pump threw a code for low pressure. Replaced under warranty and did not leave me stranded.
    17’ that currently has 103k on it and going strong. Only reason why I traded the 14’ double cab was to get the crew cab.

Wife has had several Highlanders with no issues and is currently driving a 4Runner. We had a Camry in there somewhere also.

My sisters pilot had so many issues I would never look at a Honda.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I'm an L1 Master Tech and I pushed everyone towards Honda for a long time.

Currently, I simply tell anyone who asks that everything offered by every manufacturer on the planet is a "throw away vehicle". Drive it, don't waste money on over maintenance and replace it. I don't even service my wife's vehicle since it's pointless. She goes to the dealer for some dimwit monkey to replace fluids. It's that absurd. Keep fluids in operating range and then throw the vehicle in the garbage after a few years.
    I see a lot of vehicles ten or twenty years old here, especially Toyotas, Subarus, and trucks. If new ones are inferior what changed and when?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derek45 View Post
    Toyota Camry

We used to buy hondas, but my wife' 2019 CRV had issues
    The new camrys REALLY look great!!! Also... have chased a few camrys in my career... those things will NOT stop no matter the abuse they take.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Only thing I have seen stop a Camry is the aftermath of a 5G mini tower. Camry hit the concrete base, broke the concrete tube about 2-3’ down, snapped some of the 1” rebar or pulled rebar out that remaining sonotube concrete, flipped up and hit the tower proceeding to yank the broken off concrete slug out of the ground. The one ring camera that would have caught it all was offline at the time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I'm an L1 Master Tech and I pushed everyone towards Honda for a long time.

Currently, I simply tell anyone who asks that everything offered by every manufacturer on the planet is a "throw away vehicle". Drive it, don't waste money on over maintenance and replace it. I don't even service my wife's vehicle since it's pointless. She goes to the dealer for some dimwit monkey to replace fluids. It's that absurd. Keep fluids in operating range and then throw the vehicle in the garbage after a few years.
    All vehicles, regardless of cost, are nothing more than disposable objects.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm also starting to think about a Hyundai Sonata. No CVT and a 10 year warranty.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would most definitely go with a Camry. Honda may make the best engines, but they completely drop the ball on their transmissions!

Toyota is more of a complete reliable package.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought new a 2018 Accord sport 1.5 with cvt. Put 15k miles before I traded it in on 2021 Accord 2.0 sport with 10speed. Honda CVTs are good transmissions with maintenance every 40k. Also bought a new and still have 2018 CR-V with 50k CVT. Haven’t had issues with any. I prefer the Accord to the Camry. Only reason I traded the 1.5 in, Honda was giving 130% trade in value and I ended up driving it for 3 years for free. If I was going to buy a new Accord, I would get the 2.0T and 10 speed which comes with more options standard, like heated seats/mirrors, remote start and keyless entry. Plus the for a family sedan the 2.0T goes pretty good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast